Rolling shot at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling shot at night

Saw these on Vortex and was reminded of Derek's shots using his 'special camera rig'. Derek, is it possible to use that rigging on the front of the car as well? I'd really love to get some shots like this of my car.

Perhaps we should have a little mini photoshoot meet after the meeting on thursday.
    2008 Audi RS4
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Re: Rolling shot at night

The short answer is yes. BUT I found it much more difficult to get this "front" shot for the simple fact that the fronts of our cars don't have any good "mounting" areas. I've seen some ghetto rigs where people have jammed tripods and such into the front lower grills - but this can lead to scratching of the paint. Hence, the reason I don't have any of these motion shots from the front But we can def try it on your car tomorrow if you like.
    Derick

Comment

Nice shots man, theyre pretty awsome!

Sorry to thread jack, but speaking of the meet on thursday can some body please post directions again, directions from deerfoot or crowchild, Sorry but I forgot how to get there. Thanx guys!
      ---------------------

Aly

"Is it still considered paying for sex if you skip out on the bill?"

Comment

from crowchild

take it all the way south and hit glenmore E.. keep on glenmore east and you'll come down the hill towards the deerfoot exists.. GO PAST THEM.. stay in the right lane after that and you'll turn off onto Heritage drive! you'll see the A&W on your left if you got off on the right one lol.. go up to the lights.. take a right onto Heritage drive.. go for oh 7ish blocks and the BPs is on the right you'll figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by C-town Driver
          The short answer is yes. BUT I found it much more difficult to get this "front" shot for the simple fact that the fronts of our cars don't have any good "mounting" areas. I've seen some ghetto rigs where people have jammed tripods and such into the front lower grills - but this can lead to scratching of the paint. Hence, the reason I don't have any of these motion shots from the front But we can def try it on your car tomorrow if you like.
          his car is already scratched, dented and damaged, i'm sure a few more won't hurt! lol
          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by bart
            his car is already scratched, dented and damaged, i'm sure a few more won't hurt! lol
            Scratched? Not my fault! How am I supposed to dodge rocks shot at me on Deerfoot? They're friggin SCUD missiles!

Dented? Again, not my fault - I parked in the biggest spot you've ever seen, with enough breadth between me and the other spots to ensure a safe buffer zone. Unfortunately, some absolute broad in a CR-V thought that my buffer zone looked like a good place to park. And so, a dented rear panel is the result.

But damaged? I think not, son.

How's the ol' Blue Baller keeping together these days?

2008 Audi RS4
            2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Working...
            X