Recording CDs onto my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording CDs onto my computer

Just wondering what software or whatever I would need to get in order to copy songs from a CD onto my comp so that I can make soundbites of the songs to put on a website. Kind of a retarded question, but I have down's syndrome, so it all works out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Christo.
    2008 Audi RS4
    2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Re: Recording CDs onto my computer

Originally posted by Chris
    Just wondering what software or whatever I would need to get in order to copy songs from a CD onto my comp so that I can make soundbites of the songs to put on a website.
    Everyone has their favorite methods.

If you have Winamp already, you can just set the "Output" preference to "Wav" or DiskWriter, and when you play your CD it will write the file to your hard disk. Unfortunately this doesn't make MP3's but it makes WAVs which are full CD quality and good for editing.

OR

I highly, highly, highly recommend a program called dbPowerAmp music converter. You can get it at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/ for FREE. This program lets you right-click on your CD or track or MP3 file or any other audio source, and then converts it into the file format of your choice.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Thanks a ton!
      2008 Audi RS4
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

yeah, db poweramp is great...
        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

DBpoweramp is wicked. And free. And it also changes weird audio formats (.ogg, .flak etc) that you get off suprnova to MP3
          REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
          -james

Comment

Working...
          X