• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wal-Mart Anniversary Sale In Canada -- UNREAL CHEAP --

Peter. you know our cost on the PS2 Hardware is $297 and the Xbox is $294;

Tells ya how good LD is hey

Wal-Mart Anniversary Sale In Canada

O.K, here are some hot deals. I have in my hands the TOP SECRET Wal-Mart Anniversary Flyer that doesnt come out till THIS Friday and here are some of the deals.

DVD Player (Norcent) $88.74
    PS2 -- $278.86
    GameBoy Advance -- $94.96
    GameCube -- $194.96
    PS2 Greatest Hits Various -- $24.93
    Stuntman for PS2 (reg Price $74.97) -- $37.96
    XBox -- $288.86
    PC SimCity 3000/NHL2002 -- $9.97
    All James Bond DVD's Various -- $16.88
    Sony HiFi 4 head VCR -- $98.88
    Sanyo 27" Stereo TV -- $299.88
    Sanyo 35" Stereo TV -- $899.87
    200 Watt DVD/VCR 5 speaker Home Theatre -- $298.88
    Canon S200 Printer -- $49.83
    G.E. 900 MHz Phones -- $24.86
    Kodak DX3215 Digital Camera -- $193.86
    Fuji FP 2600 Digital Camera -- $388.83
    HP Photosmart 120 -- $136.97
    Samsung SCL 700 Hi8 Camcorder -- $438.83

Thats all the good electronics items that I thought ppl here would care about. There are all kinds of other things, it is Walmart afterall. This flyer is dated to be good for Fri. October 18th till Sunday October 27th.

3 quick points:

1) I thought this was a [H]ot Deal, no flaming cuz its Wal-Mart. If you dont like it, read another post.

2) This is CANADIAN only, if you live in Canada or are close to the border, these are for you. All prices are in Canadian... with the exchange rate right now, you Americans that can get up to Canada can save TONS!! It's like $1.49 Canadian for $1 American.

3) Dont ask where I got the flyer, I'm not looking to get my friend fired from her job.

$89 is pretty good for a non-progressive scan DVD of any quality, but then again a PS2 can play DVD's too. The Nintendo gamecube is slashed to $194, but doesn't play DVD's, XBOX can play DVD's but needs an add on module.

Dude Peter, do you not remember GTA3? You guys played that friggin game like every damn day this summer!

Mel
    www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

Holy ****.. if only I weren't in SO MUCH FUCKING DEBT RIGHT NOW, i'd so hit this up!
      Simon

Comment

Mel (or anyone who knows anything about digicams),
        Care to comment on the relative merits of those cameras? I've been thinking of getting one but haven't had a chance to do much investigatin' yet.

I know a thing or 2 about photography, so I'd rather not get the digital equivalent of a DiskCam. (Anyone else old enough to remember those?)

Thanx. (Returning to lurk mode.)
        Pat
        Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

The Kodak DX3215 Digital Camera is a 1.3 MP camera. I could go into further detail but spending any amount of money on a camera with such poor resolution is generally not worth the money. Only makes a decent print up to about 5x7.

The Fuji FP 2600 Digital Camera is somewhat better, 2.1 MP, makes a slightly larger, better quality picture. Has a flash, which is a bonus, but the "film speed" is only 100 (fairly slow) so indoor pics wont be all that clear. It does have zoom though so that's a plus.

If you were to hit Wal Mart and get one of those, I would go for the Fuji but if you can afford to go a little higher up in price range, go for some form of Cannon model, they are by far some of the best cameras I have seen yet. Definately recomend something higher than 2.1 megapixels but I suppose it all depends on what you'd be using it for.

Hope that helps!

Melinda
          www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

Thanx for the info Mel.
            Pat
            Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Mel:
              The Kodak DX3215 Digital Camera is a 1.3 MP camera. I could go into further detail but spending any amount of money on a camera with such poor resolution is generally not worth the money. Only makes a decent print up to about 5x7.

The Fuji FP 2600 Digital Camera is somewhat better, 2.1 MP, makes a slightly larger, better quality picture. Has a flash, which is a bonus, but the "film speed" is only 100 (fairly slow) so indoor pics wont be all that clear. It does have zoom though so that's a plus.

If you were to hit Wal Mart and get one of those, I would go for the Fuji but if you can afford to go a little higher up in price range, go for some form of Cannon model, they are by far some of the best cameras I have seen yet. Definately recomend something higher than 2.1 megapixels but I suppose it all depends on what you'd be using it for.

Hope that helps!

Melinda

Good info. Thanks.
              --------------------------------------------------
              Ian
              '06 Jetta TDI - Shadow Blue - my demo
              '06 Jetta 2.5 - Platinum Grey - Mom's Car
              '03 Jetta 1.8T - Reflex Silver - SOLD
              '99 Golf 2.0 - Black - SOLD
              '93 Jetta 2.0 - Black - Dad's Car
              '92 Jetta 1.8 - Grey - Sister's Car
              '90 Jetta 1.8 - White - FOR SALE
              '90 Jetta 2-Door - Black - soon!

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Ian Neumeyer @ Fifth Ave VW:

Good info. Thanks.

No prob guys! Anytime!

Melinda
                www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

Mel, since you are obviously an expert in Digi-cams, I have a quick question for ya if you don't mind. I got a canon G2 last year, and absolutly love it, but for some reason the pics always turn out rather blury. I have it set at the highest jpg resolution... but it doesn't seem to take pics with the resolution that a 4mp camera should, any tips?

Also, I lost the software for the camera, and got a new laptop, is there any place I could get new software?

Thanks.
                  Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

One of the most common problems with digital cameras is camera shake. Because of the LCD screen, especially if you can use it as a view finder, it is common to have blur in your camera. Unfortuneately, your lens does not detatch, you can't get one of the new cannon lenses that has built in deterant for camera shake. MAKE SURE YOU ARE STABLE WHEN YOU TAKE PICS. Also, don't be in a moving situation for taking pics (in a car ect) stay still. Also, if you can help it, use the the actual view finder to take your pictures and only use the LCD screen to review pics.

Unless you know a lot about photography, set your ISO at 400, it's a mulitpurpose speed to get a good shot of just about anything. Depending on what you take pictures of, a tripod will help as well.

As for software, go talk to a camera store. Soemthing like The Camera Store (on 17th) or Vistek (i think it's on 10th downtown) they have a great digital department there. They may be able to order you software from the Cannon warehouse here in Calgary.

Hope that helps! You got a great little camera. Camera shake is the only thing I can think of that would cause burry pics in that camera. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Melinda
                    www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

Thanks for the help mel.... to bad I can't switch lenses, but I guess I just gotta chill on the caffeine and stay still
                      Sidewalks are for normal walkin.... aint no room for fancy walkin....

Comment

A good trick is to stand with your upper arms 'glued' to your torso. Only use your forarms and hands to take the pic. Holding your breath ca sometimes help if you find that you're really bad at keeping still.

Melinda
                        www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

You should be able to download the drivers online, unless you need the whole software bundle...
                          Ian
                          '06 Jetta TDI - Shadow Blue - my demo
                          '06 Jetta 2.5 - Platinum Grey - Mom's Car
                          '03 Jetta 1.8T - Reflex Silver - SOLD
                          '99 Golf 2.0 - Black - SOLD
                          '93 Jetta 2.0 - Black - Dad's Car
                          '92 Jetta 1.8 - Grey - Sister's Car
                          '90 Jetta 1.8 - White - FOR SALE
                          '90 Jetta 2-Door - Black - soon!

Comment

Ian, I think he's talking about the disk of software installed onto your computer so you can upload pictures onto the computer from the camera. I'm not sure if you can get that from the net.

I have a disk of software that came with my camera Liquid, it might work on yours of you dont want to go buy the new stuff. My camera is a lot different than yours, but it is a cannon so it still might work. Let me know

Mel
                            www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Mel:
                              ...Holding your breath ca sometimes help if you find that you're really bad at keeping still.

Melinda

Almost sounds like your giving tips on how to be a sniper.

"I live my life a Quarter Pounder at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm not hungry."

http://www.xs4all.nl/~bbrother/sigs/oizo.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X