Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of Computer do u have?

Originally posted by uv23
    I don't have the energy to enlighten anyone today.
    bawhahahah

Exactly the propaganda i'd expect to hear from a trendy Mac user. Im a sys admin so its not like Im pulling what Im saying out of my ass. Mac's = an expensive Linux distro. Gettin fleeced $4k for a laptop isn't my idea of a good time!

edit: if you're a system dev, you've clearly heard of VMware which has given you the option of OSX for work and Windows for games for years..
    Last edited by James; 07-04-2005, 09:13 AM.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Comment

I like Mac, and the def. have their place in this world. The thing I find hard to understand is.....why do all the PC guys go squirrely when someone mentions that they like their Mac, and that it's a lot smoother for a lot of things. Why is it so easy to get you guys all flustered?

I told my friend one time I was thinking about getting a Mac (he's a big PC guy) and he went on a 1/2 hour rant about how big a mistake I was making, how I was getting "ripped off" for paying their prices and blah blah blah. Like good grief. I also remember him going off about how Mac was no better than PC for security because they found a back door in OSX or something (can't totally remember), meanwhile i'm thinking about how many times a month i'm updating my Windows XP.

And as for software being released on PC before Mac, that certainly doesn't apply to the software that Mac specializes in. My friend bought recording software, he waited for 2 years after it had been released on Mac, and even when it WAS released, it was full of bugs and it puked all the time on XP.

And as for being "more expensive" I'm pretty sure someone on here said that at the time of their purchase, the cheapest laptop that could be found was a Mac.
      Last edited by Tuna; 07-04-2005, 09:15 AM.
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
        I like Mac, and the def. have their place in this world. The thing I find hard to understand is.....why do all the PC guys go squirrely when someone mentions that they like their Mac, and that it's a lot smoother for a lot of things. Why is it so easy to get you guys all flustered?
        Because it's easy to hate something that's different. It applies to all things in life.
        Yuval
        2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna
          Ever had a vegetarian start going on about how great their lifestyle is while you're eating a big juicy steak? Or maybe someone with a smart car trying to tell you that your family of 6 doesn't need a mini-van?

Mac users (And Linux/bsd users) can be a lot like that sometimes. I don't hate Macs. They have their place, and they do some things very well. Ie, Final Cut Pro, Photo editing, etc. But when someone who knows nothing about computers starts bragging about how safe their Mac is, or how great it is, it's pretty hard not to shoot them down a few pegs.

Khyron
          Last edited by Khyron; 07-04-2005, 10:38 AM.
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Khyron
            But when someone who knows nothing about computers starts bragging about how safe their Mac is, or how great it is, it's pretty hard not to shoot them down a few pegs.

Khyron
            I don't think anyone here fits into that category, sorry.
            Jay

Comment

Should have been clearer - I was answering your general question about PC users getting defensive, not uv23s comment.

Khyron
              Last edited by Khyron; 07-04-2005, 10:59 AM.
              Geoff
              Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Personally I like Mac's and would use the hell out of a powerbook. But when it comes to my main desktop PC that will always be a non-apple machine.

Present
                2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                2003 VW Jetta GLI
                1992 VW Jetta GL
                1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns
                  Personally I like Mac's and would use the hell out of a powerbook. But when it comes to my main desktop PC that will always be a non-apple machine.
                  Totally OT, but I walked by your car today while you were turning onto 14st from Kensington Road. F'in hot man. If you ever want to get a new front bumper let me know and I'll take yours.
                  Yuval
                  2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

you SURE you want that exact front bumper? You must be a fiberglass guru to want to take on that project

"Hey Mike - it looks like you're bumper is falling off on one side"
                    "really? ****!"
                    *runs outside to look*
                    "Oh, ya it does that sometimes"
                    -james

Comment

Originally posted by James
                      you SURE you want that exact front bumper? You must be a fiberglass guru to want to take on that project

"Hey Mike - it looks like you're bumper is falling off on one side"
                      "really? ****!"
                      *runs outside to look*
                      "Oh, ya it does that sometimes"
                      Ha! Thanks for the heads up. (I'm sure Mike is real happy too.)
                      Yuval
                      2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

hehe, well the bumper itself is fine, Mike was real happy with it aside from the rubstrip, but the bumper and a love affair with a curb and has never been the same
                        -james

Comment

Totally OT, but I walked by your car today while you were turning onto 14st from Kensington Road. F'in hot man. If you ever want to get a new front bumper let me know and I'll take yours.

Thanks man! yeah my bumper is shot, but you can get the same one at C1 (shudder) for ~$650. I really need to get a new one, but somehow something else always comes up.

Present
                          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                          2003 VW Jetta GLI
                          1992 VW Jetta GL
                          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Thanks man! yeah my bumper is shot, but you can get the same one at C1 (shudder) for ~$650. I really need to get a new one, but somehow something else always comes up.
                            I thought C1 was just carrying the FK version? Isn't yours a Rieger?
                            Yuval
                            2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

I thought C1 was just carrying the FK version? Isn't yours a Rieger?
                              Mine is a Dietrich (virtually identical to the FK)

Present
                              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                              2003 VW Jetta GLI
                              1992 VW Jetta GL
                              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

Mine is a Dietrich (virtually identical to the FK)
                                Ahhh. Yeah I haven't had the best luck with FK in the past so I'm not sure if I'd want a whole bumper made by them.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking this thread.
                                Yuval
                                2008 Volvo C30 T5

Comment

Working...
                                X