Are you DUBStrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you DUBStrong?

Take a look at this. Thought it was kind of funny...but a cool idea at the same time.

http://www.dubstrong.com/
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: Are you DUBStrong?

Hmm interesting I am really not sure what to make of this whole plastic bracelet trend.....
    Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Well, at least it's a different colour than the "livestrong" ones. I think the livestrong ones are more just people trying to be trendy more than anything else, but their original intent was to raise Cancer awareness (and money, as they were a couple bucks I think). But lately they've been coming out with everything (i've even heard of "pimpstrong") which I think is pretty stupid, and unfair to the original intent.
      Jay

Comment

Yea, I don't know what to think of it either. Just thought it was neat if you're into that kind of thing.
        Last edited by Smarty39; 07-06-2005, 02:29 PM. Reason: Dumbass!
        Kyle
        2000 Audi S4

Comment

I don't mind if people do it with the livestrong bracelets since it was for a good cause, the fake yellow ones that are out there help raise some awareness and probably don't hurt anyone... but this is just dumb.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

IMO its just a fad...

Comment

weak

Present
              2010 Audi A4 S-Line
              2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
              2003 VW Jetta GLI
              1992 VW Jetta GL
              1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

i'm confused.. i've never heard of these livestrong ones.. whats that about? anti aids or abortion or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan
                  i'm confused.. i've never heard of these livestrong ones.. whats that about? anti aids or abortion or something?
                  its those little yellow braclets everyone and their dogs are wearing. its for cancer. i don't know if it is specific like, prostate or something like that, cause theres pink ones for breast cancer.

sure its going to a good cause, but don't these charities only have to donate 50% of what you give them. thats retrarded if you want to helpout donate your time. i wouldn't pay like $6 a braclet, when i can go to staples and pick up a box of 300 brown ones for the same price.
                  Last edited by Hardy_Boy; 07-06-2005, 10:58 PM.

Comment

oddly i've never seen them or just maybe haven't paid attention

Comment

Werd, they are pretty much zip ties with crap etched into them.

Present
                      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                      2003 VW Jetta GLI
                      1992 VW Jetta GL
                      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

They were started by Lance Armstrong and are made by Nike. Therefore you are porbably giving a dollar or so to cancer research, while making people slave a way for a dollar a month in a sweatshop. I think the problem is people who choose to wear them as a fashion accessory and not because of supporting the cause, would be much better to give $6 to the cancer society.
                        Blair
                        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

If this guy is just out to make some $$$ of this rubber band fad, then that is weak, but if he is going to give money to some legit charity then okay.

Pretty soon people are going to have so many of these rubber bands that they will be up to thier elbows.

Andrew
                          www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Yet another one I found from the site Smartiepants posted

http://www.thinkgeek.com/apparel/jewelry/73fe/

Good grief.
                            Jay

Comment

Working...
                            X