g.h.e.tt.o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g.h.e.tt.o

DId this to the tails, what do you guys think? Im not 100% sold on them compared to the hella smoked but its a nice change.
    Last edited by James; 07-12-2005, 05:16 PM.
    REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
    -james

Re: g.h.e.tt.o

I like it. The one thing I'd watch out for though, is that DIY tail lights often have a matted or opaque effect when compared to the paint on the car. If you look at Hella smoked tails, the plastic is as glossy as the body paint. But often, painted or self-tinted lights appear dull, which kinda screams ghetto mod IMO.... But otherwise, the style you created looks nice and original.
    Derick

Comment

Ya, i got a bodyshop to mix me up a clearcoat with a black base and NXT'd the crap out of them...its still not that glossy tho :(
      -james

Comment

What if you got the whole light clear coated???
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by C-town Driver
          I like it. The one thing I'd watch out for though, is that DIY tail lights often have a matted or opaque effect when compared to the paint on the car. If you look at Hella smoked tails, the plastic is as glossy as the body paint. But often, painted or self-tinted lights appear dull, which kinda screams ghetto mod IMO.... But otherwise, the style you created looks nice and original.
          werd... that's what I was sayin. Looks good tho.
          Last edited by Mr. Burns; 07-12-2005, 07:11 PM.

Present
          2010 Audi A4 S-Line
          2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
          2003 VW Jetta GLI
          1992 VW Jetta GL
          1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

That's what I said when you were looking for the paint, spray cans are not as glossy as the actual automotive clear.
            I have automotive clear with some base on my bimmer for like 6 years, on Pathfinder for like 3 and its as glossy as your trunk. Clear in the can doesn't have the hardener and it has lots of reducer so usually goes dull after some time,

To bad I didn't see this last week as I was working with clear on Saturday and could easily recoat it for you,

I like it and want to do it on my golf sometime this summer
            Last edited by PrezeS_PL; 07-12-2005, 09:50 PM.
            Chris

DR1665: "DSM: Turning average guys into master mechanics since 1989."

Comment

james you gonna be at the mid monther? i wouldn't mind borrowing the can of stuff from you to do some tricks on mine if you don't mind.

Comment

looks good
                What do you have the cut out valence for? planned mufflerectomy?

Comment

nah, my car had that one when i bought it for some reason. I do have plans for a mufflerectomy, got an fk muffler in my basement and a GLI rear..i just dont have the will (or $ after how much tires cost :( ) to get it all done lol
                  -james

Comment

Working...
                  X