Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Brent, Think you could make me one of these??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Brent, Think you could make me one of these??

It changes street lights.. similiar to what the ambulances and firetrucks have..

Link to Light Changer

Re: Hey Brent, Think you could make me one of these??

Alex already rolls with one of these... at least when he's working!

Jeff
    Jeff

his - '03 GTI VR6
    hers - '06 A4 S-line Avant
    sigpic

Comment

thats sweet but i bet it would be quite the ticket
      My signature is so last year...

Comment

Are you expecting a cop to know what it is? You could say its a part of a gauge or radar detector.. I highly doubt they would figure it out

Comment

/\/\/\/\ why? are cops dumb?? I hate to say it, but these things do flash, like a strobe....it would hardly fit the description you would provide!!.....Buuuut, as always, go ahead and try!! I insist!
          Last edited by Aleks; 07-19-2005, 03:27 PM.
          2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
          2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
          2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

The one that buses use (the little blue lights) that hold the lights a few seconds don't flash, but the ems ones sure do. You used to be able to flashing highbeams at the older lights late at night and they would change.

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

im sure if a cop seen a bunch of flashing from your car and the lights start to change he might clue in... not saying i wouldnt like one, just use with care
              My signature is so last year...

Comment

lol that's awesome!
                1.8T
                Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

OK, didnt mean to single out cops.. or any other of Calgary's finest.
                  How about this:
                  If I saw this in a friends car, or in some other car flashing, i wouldnt have a clue what it is. If anything I would think its some ricer with a portable dance club in their car. I have tried the headlight trick, and it deos woerk sometimes, but if there is oncoming traffic I dont feel like blinding them...

Brent you around? I still want one!!

Comment

Yup I could make one in my sleep but it will be a bit until I am able to unpack all my electronics stuff. I even have all the parts. Ohh and did noone even read the article, I just skimmed it and I read that it uses IR LED's Therefor you can't see them
                    Name: Brent
                    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
                    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
                    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I still believe the headlight trick is a total myth, jsut coincidence...the wavelength of light coming from the opticon light is way different than headlight light..................
                      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

The headlight trick seems to have worked at a few lights in the past.. could be coincidence, but I have done it more then once.

Brent: I would love to place an order for one of these bad boys once you have your electronics stuff unpacked and you have extra time on your hands!

Comment

Working...
                        X