Slalom double take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slalom double take

Went to Rona on Sat., to get some staining supplies for our 2 ext. deck floors. Parked my Jetta one row over from where I USUALLY park---returned to my car to put the supplies in the trunk, and noticed a LARGE patch of rust on the driver's side rear corner, above the bumper... What the...??? Also noticed the back VW logo was gone, mags looked like crap, more rust along the sides. Then realized I had gone to the spot where I wasn't parked this time, but had just happened to have found another silver Jetta Slalom!!! What a relief to walk one row over, and find the RIGHT Jetta!! That must be what happens to a VW when the owner gives up on it, or just doesn't care.. Would have liked to have charged the owner with VW abuse...

Re: Slalom double take

Originally posted by Slalomguy
    Went to Rona on Sat., to get some staining supplies for our 2 ext. deck floors. Parked my Jetta one row over from where I USUALLY park---returned to my car to put the supplies in the trunk, and noticed a LARGE patch of rust on the driver's side rear corner, above the bumper... What the...??? Also noticed the back VW logo was gone, mags looked like crap, more rust along the sides. Then realized I had gone to the spot where I wasn't parked this time, but had just happened to have found another silver Jetta Slalom!!! What a relief to walk one row over, and find the RIGHT Jetta!! That must be what happens to a VW when the owner gives up on it, or just doesn't care.. Would have liked to have charged the owner with VW abuse...
    That's crazy! I had a friend walk over to a mulberry mk3 golf with the same roof rack, put his key in the door and get in. It felt cleaner than his, then realized it wasn't! He got out to find the owners of the car staring at him. It was a bit awkward as he was trying to point at his car and tell them he had the same car. The fact that the key worked was really crazy though.
    Jay

Comment

Yeah, keys quite often have a limited number of cuts. We had that with our van, that the remote worked on another one. I wanted to go in and check to see if the key worked. I would have done something like adjusted all the seats and mirrors, then blasted the stereo to freak out the person who got back in.
      Nick
      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

haha Ya, my buddy has a new-style civic...One day he got to his car just as some lady was trying to start it..Her key got her in the door but she couldnt (luckily) start it.

power locks FTW
        REAL men use harsh language as self-defense
        -james

Comment

lol there's been a good half dozen times where I leave a store with my wife, and she walks towards a black jetta (with 17" longbeaches ) and stands next to it...before realizing I've veered off in a different direction to my black Jetta...
          Last edited by Flanders; 08-02-2005, 01:20 PM.
          1.8T
          Not quite stock anymore...

Comment

Working...
          X