Anyone ever order from tirerack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever order from tirerack?

Has anyone ever ordered tires from tirerack? With the exchange rate the way it is right now, I can get the tires I want for close to $200 cheaper than I can get them here even after exhange and shipping. The question is, how much am I gonna get raped on duty and whatever else I'm going to get charged. Is that going to make up for the $200 price difference or will it still be cheaper to get the tires from the states? Just wondering if anyone else has done the same and what they were charged.
    Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Re: Anyone ever order from tirerack?

You will have to pay 7% GST + 6% Goods Tax or whatever, unless it was manufactured in the states I think, plus whatever UPS decides to stick in you.
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: Anyone ever order from tirerack?

Originally posted by VRado6
      Has anyone ever ordered tires from tirerack? With the exchange rate the way it is right now, I can get the tires I want for close to $200 cheaper than I can get them here even after exhange and shipping. The question is, how much am I gonna get raped on duty and whatever else I'm going to get charged. Is that going to make up for the $200 price difference or will it still be cheaper to get the tires from the states? Just wondering if anyone else has done the same and what they were charged.
      I ordered from Tire Rack. I shipped the tires to Sweetgrass and drove down to pick them up. It was $50 US for tire rack to ship them, duty/tax at the border (I would have had to pay tax in Canada anyway) plus about $60 CAD in gas. My time is absolutely worthless.

Anyhow, add all that up, its almost $200 but I actually got my tires about 3-400 cheaper at tire rack. Except now I have to pay to have them mounted - something often free if you buy tires in town. Add on another $100. Its getting dubious. I like to believe I still saved a little.

If you're only saving $200 and you were thinking of having them shipped directly into canada from tire rack, you'll pay the extra for duty plus about $100 in brokerage I would guess (they will be shipped in a minimum of 2 packages). Iffy.
      Last edited by Kor; 08-02-2005, 07:56 AM.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Working...
      X