Hockey Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey Fans?

What the heck! Do we have no hockey fans in here or what? I have been waiting for someone to say something about all the action in the past couple days....but nothing. C'mon guys, what happened to all the good old Canadian born hockey fanatics? Especially with all the deals our bench boss has made...

There must be atleast a few of you that share my passion for our game.....we do live in Calgary you know
    Kyle
    2000 Audi S4

Re: Hockey Fans?

I used to be a big fan but with the strike and then the changes to the rules and the draft and trade controversy its just too much for me, I am exasperated. Maybe in a year I can muster up my old enthusiasm.

I don't like the politics of the game I just like the game, the more that happens off the ice the less I want to watch.
    Last edited by Kor; 08-03-2005, 03:47 PM.
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

hockey rocks...damn i miss playing

Canucks are my team for ever
      Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

I'm a fan.
        I played for 12 years, certified coached for 2...
        I didn't know if anyone else around here was into hockey so I kept my mouth shut!

Comment

one of my friends was drafted to play for the oilers. but i agree with kris far too much politics, but you get that with all professional sports.

Comment

btw you flames fans must be happy iginla resigned
            Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

Diehard Oilers fan here!

F you Calgary fans!!!!
              Chris

Comment

Iginla was going to be resigned no matter what, it was just a matter of how much. There was no way that Sutter was going to let him go at the end of the year.

I agree that the lockout took it toll on the fans that weren't super-fans to begin with, but I think that the rule changes are for the better. Also, the salary-cap should make for a much more level playing field, more like the NFL I think. It shouldn't take teams so long to rebuild now under the new agreement.
                Last edited by Smarty39; 08-04-2005, 09:44 AM.
                Kyle
                2000 Audi S4

Comment

Iginla resigned, I am happy about Amonte. If we can sign neidermeyer I would be ecstatic. But we are already running into cap room. We should have an excellent team next year.
                  Nick
                  There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                  --Albert Einstein

Comment

Die hard flames fan right here.

Season ticket holder also.
                    2004 Nissan Murano

2006 BMW 330i, 6 -speed, Sparkling Graphite, Sport package, Premium package

Comment

I would probably be a season ticket holder if I made more money and lived in calgary during the winter
                      Nick
                      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

Should be a great season. Iginla re-signing, and we Oiler fans are happy with Pronger and now Peca joining the team.

Forsberg just signed with Phily. Madness, but we all love it.
                        Matt - A3

Comment

For the record, because it was mentioned more than once above, it wasn't a strike.

The players were locked out.

Loving all the signings. The Canadian teams are now competitive and long-term stability is possible in all existing markets.

Comment

Originally posted by N'Syncro
                            Diehard Oilers fan here!
                            Really....well, how do feel about giving up one of the best young d-men in the game (Brewer) and one of the best young prospects (as a d-man) in Woywitka, for a guy who has had more wrist problems then a regular at Source Adult Video? Oh, and he gets paid 5 times as much as Brewer too! Don't get me wrong I would love to have Pronger on our team too, but not for the amount the Oil gave up.

Peca on the other hand, was a good pick-up. Solid two way forward with the ability to score or throw a big hit.
                            Kyle
                            2000 Audi S4

Comment

Neidermeyer signed with anaheim, to be with his bro
                              Nick
                              --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X