new house question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new house question

hey, i've never lived in a house where the mail isnt delivered to the front door. If you have a box down the street, is your address still you street address? or do you get a P.O. box type address?
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Re: new house question

still the number on my house not a PO box number for me
    Dayle

GTI

Mk3's

Comment

well you should have a letter box because of packages and personal mail but yea its all those central boxes now..

Comment

Yeah you use your address but it just gets put in your slot of the superbox. Lots of time bigger stuff gets put in the extra spaces of the superbox and they leave you a key in your hole.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Are they actually called superboxes? lol
          I'd like to make a statment!
          2012 Q5
          2011 A5

Comment

Thats what I have always been told
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Had to get the mail for the first time ... lots of boxes one key .. and well not the same as my house number...lol took acouple tries
              William

Comment

Originally posted by Dubs
                Had to get the mail for the first time ... lots of boxes one key .. and well not the same as my house number...lol took acouple tries
                The box number you put your key into will not match your house address. Your home address is the address you use and the mail person magically knows which box is yours in the "super box"

Mail people train for weeks to get this right, very complicated stuff, that's why they get paid so much. You will know when you get a newbee when you get mail for your neighbor in your box.
                Jeff
                2006 Jetta TDI

"If you think you don't like change, you will like obsolesence even less."

Comment

thx guys
                  Stefan
                  -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                  -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                  -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                  X