Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight School

Hey everyone,

I recently decided that I would like to get my private pilots licience and was wondering if anyone on this forum had this. I would like to hear anyone's opinion who is involved in flying and if you could recommend a flight school.

Thanks
    Bryce

2002 Jetta 1.8T Baltic Green Tiptronic
    APR 91, Carbonio CAI, Samco TIH, 2.5" Brullen Turbo-back, ABD Lower Intercooler Pipe, Forge 007 DV

Re: Flight School

I know the owners of Barxh air that do the flight training BUT they are in Medicine Hat, thay do have a branch in Calgary but i'm not sure if it is just mechanical end or if they do flight training as well. I can find out if your interested. I've played on their flight trainer a little bit which is cool, and of course played in the planes in the hangers.

Comment

What more do you need?
      Jeff
      Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
      Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

I've got my commercial pilots licence. Getting your private licence is a great way to get into flying, just be aware that it will cost a fair bit of money to get it and be at the point where you feel comfortable flying on your own. You can get your licence with as little as around 35-40 hours flying time, but I think I had closer to 70-75 when I got mine. If you plan on actually using it and doing some recreational flying, I would probably look into getting your IFR rating as well. It helps build your skill substantially and makes you a much better, more attentive pilot. Plus it always helps in the event you run into any kind of bad weather or poor visibility. Realistically I would probably budget around $10-15k to get your licence and do it properly. You could spend less if you wanted to but training is not something you want to skimp on, so get as many hours as you can.
        Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

Or you can spend $60 on Microsoft Flight Simulator and be doing CatIII approaches into JFK in a 747 within 30 minutes
          Derick

Comment

My Fiancee took a fair amount of lessons at one point in time I think she used West Point Aviation here in Calgary, she loved it but it just got to be too much money so she has not continued on.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I as well am interested in this...

*watching this thread closely*

Comment

My brother got his Private Pilots License out at Sky Wings in Okotoks, then went on to do his commercial through Mt. Royal.

Check out http://www.skywings.com/ for some useful info.

Most places offer a discovery flight which lets you try out flying and see if you like it or not, so give someone a call.

Comment

That's pretty cheap, and it's nice and local. Thanks for the link!

Comment

Working...
                  X