Formula One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula One

Well formula one has started back up and jacques is off to not a bad start. Qualified 10th and 11th, retired once and finsihed 7th last night. Did anyone see what happened in Bahrain that forced the retirement.
    William

Re: Formula One

Yeah - beemer go boom. The left bank let go about 25 laps in, went out in pretty spectacular fashion. This BS rule about running engines for 2 races drives me nutz. When is Bernie gonna realize that the end of one race shoudl be the end of one race. This one race affecting the next BS pisses me off to great lengths. I will say that I'm loving the new V8s, much better exhaust note\harmonics then the tens.

Comment

I personally don't mind the new engine rules. I think reliability should be a consideration and there are a lot of teams that have been perfectly fine with the new rules such as Renault and BAR Honda (with the exception of Ralf's 2 engine changes yesterday). Then you have a team like McLaren that makes cars that can bring Kimi from the back of the back to the podium, but that last season were either all or nothing, which pretty much cost them the championship. I am glad they brought tire changes back though, I think the engine rules with tire changes allowed again should provide pretty good balance.

I agree on the V8s, great sound, lots of vibration I guess, but great sound.

I'm hoping Alonso and Renault can make it two years in a row.
      Last edited by Road Runner; 03-19-2006, 11:42 PM.
      Road Runner
      Le Mans Blue BMW 135i- M sport Package

Comment

what channel are the races on? I checked Speed, but like usual, there was only Nascar.
        2008 Audi RS4
        2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

Umm 48 .. the Malaysain was on at like midnight .. watched it in a bar
          William

Comment

TSN covered the first couple races with the replay on Speed @ 10:30. I was forced to send TSN hatemail...well not hatemail, cut a chastizing email about listening to their 'technical' expert calling in via his phone and knowing absolutely nothing about what's happened in the last 10 years in F1.

I really prefer the Speed coverage...it's almost enough to go after a grey market receiver!!!

Nico Rosberg - Wow! This guys going to be a champion. I know that's premature but he appears to have everything it takes. The only caveat to that remark is based on how good the Cosworth V8 is, they're one of the most prolific engine builders and I think they've done it again!

Comment

Its on Speed on Sunday morning at 10am, thats the replay anyways from 1am the night before (or whatever time the race may be at).
              Road Runner
              Le Mans Blue BMW 135i- M sport Package

Comment

you're right it was 10.

Comment

1) Love the new qualifying rules. Makes it almost a "pre-race" to the race.

2) Wish F1 had the foresight to enable HD for the broadcasts. Pretty sad that I can watch NASCAR Busch races in HD, or even NHRA Drag Racing in HD, but F1, the self-proclaimed leader in cutting-edge technology, is barely broadcast in digital, and only available in analog if you're watching it on SPEED instead of TSN.

Quite frankly, not having HD is embarassing. Even the World Junior Hockey Championships are in HD.

Comment

TSN HD had it in the guide for Bahrain...I don't have HD, but it was supposed to be broadcast in HD. Bernie had an HD broadcast, nobody wanted it....or he charged too much...probably the latter...

just had a look, yep, Aus is in HD:

http://www.tv.msn.com/tv/search/?que...showBest=false
                    Last edited by kuhli; 03-23-2006, 12:06 AM.

Comment

1) as for HD - they are running it on the HD channels but it is NOT an HD feed, Bernie won't spend the money to produce HD programming, he has been quoted as saying he'll do it when he has to.

2) In the words of Ferdinand Porsche: "The perfect race car should race, cross the finish line in first place, and then explode."

Comment

I'd wondered if that was the case, if I'm TSN, why would I broadcast a conventional signal on an HD channel? I call BS.

Comment

Nope - with TSN, they often run the standard signal on the HD channel, it costs A LOT of $$ for HD programming, and you have to fill the schedule somehow. If you watch the HD channel for many programs you can tell its only the standard feed, especially since its 4:3. ALL F1 races are produced by the Formula 1 association, speed or TSN simply do their own voiceover on the video feed from F1 (except Montreal and Indy).

Comment

I find the SPEED commentators excellent compared to the telephoned colour on TSN. But since the Speed analog feed has a much worse picture than the digital feed offerred on TSN-HD, the latter gets watched. Speed carries the practice though, while TSN does not.

If the IRL is in HD this weekend (ABC on Sunday, I guess we'll find out), then F1 better get on it and realize they're getting left behind in the N.A. market.

NASCAR looks amazing in HD. Now I just need the 1000W surround sound.

Comment

Working...
                            X