did i get screwed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i get screwed?

Finally made my first road trip out of town today and we went up to Banff to check out the gondola.

We got quite the surprise when Parks Canada wanted $18 for the wife and me to get in. I told the toll booth guy that we were only going to the town, he said too bad.

Do you have to pay this toll every time you go to banff or lake louise???

pic for views

Last edited by zilla; 05-21-2006, 10:14 PM.
    Tim
    "When you see the tree you’re about to hit, it’s called under steer. When you can only feel and hear it, it’s over steer."

Re: did i get screwed?

DOOD!!! I've seen you around Shawnessy a bunch of times but I had no idea if you would be here on Eurodrivers or not (you have out of province plates so I thought there wasn't a chance in hell). You gave me a wave at Canadian Tire about a week or so ago, I was in between gear shifts and couldn't wave back...hope you didn't think I was a hater or anything lol.

Very nice car! Hope to see you around. (I drive a black Jetta on 19's if you don't know what my car looks like).

As for the fee, technically you ARE supposed to pay it....but I never do hehe. Just take the far right lane and enjoy for free. If you get caught without a park pass I think you can get a ticket but I've never heard of anyone getting one.
    Last edited by nismodrifter; 05-21-2006, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I think you can only get away from paying the toll is if you are driving through. They make a killing on the poor souls on the ski slopes.

Comment

yeah.. i always thought banff was ok without a pass.. so I've always gone without. I know now that was wrong, but still dont but a pass to go to banff...
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

My gf lives in banff and I never buy a pass, I cant see my self buyin a pass when Im in and out of there so much, and the fine is 80 bucks cause I asked before when I was in town. If you dont park on the street your fine, I never see them checking that stuff..
          EURODYNE
          01 Gti awd 2L 20V HTA3582 11.4@124 best mph 128.25
          04 R32T 6266
          Tow machine 2011 F350 DRW 6.7

Comment

I have seen them checking cars parked in the streets, around main street etc. I always buy a ticket, but I thought it was 10 bucks for the car, not per person...

And they almost always ticket on the ski hills. Sometimes they even have roadblocks on the hill road checking passes.

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

My family splits a family pass, and whoever needs it takes it....
              2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
              2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
              2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

After 8 years of snowboarding I've never bought one and never got a ticket for it
                I'd like to make a statment!
                2012 Q5
                2011 A5

Comment

Originally posted by Mitcheh
                  After 8 years of snowboarding I've never bought one and never got a ticket for it
                  really?? every time i hit up sunshine or louise, there is a check stop thing set up just outside the parking lot of the ski hill, and you have to buy one at that point. Granted, I only go to the hills here a few times a year. I usually go to BC.
                  Stefan
                  -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
                  -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
                  -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
                  -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Working...
                  X