looking for a daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a daily

I am looking for a daily driver, I am looking to spend around 20,000. I am currently looking at 2002+ a4 or older s4's. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Re: looking for a daily

add about 15,000 to your price then you'll get either of the cars mentioned the only thing you'll get for around 20 is a B5 A4 with high mileage or a mk4 jetta/golf/gti

Comment

Agreed ^^....you'll need ATLEAST 28-30k to find even a half-assed decent S4, but an A4 in the same model years can be had for around 20k....you just have to look REALLY hard. Good luck though
      Kyle
      2000 Audi S4

Comment

Last year bought my 2001 A4 1.8TQM for about 23k it had 63k on it but it also has cost me about 10k in mods/repairs in the one year of owning it.
        Last edited by RSS; 06-12-2006, 10:02 AM.
        2020 Toyota Corolla Hatch (At least its a Manual!)
        2001 Audi S4 (Trunk still smells like Ryan?)
        2001 Audi A4 - RIP
        2004 Mygale SJ04 - Racecar
        2013 Toyota Sienna - Baby Transporter
        2001.5 Audi S4 -SOLD
        1986 Reynard SF86 -SOLD
        2003 Jetta GLI - Garbage bin

Comment

If you have the Cash .. gonna be 30+ richview fine cars behind south center will get you an s4. They just got like three acouple weeks ago but i am sure they are gone ..
          William

Comment

I was kinda low balling there, I realize it might be more. I'm still gonna say sub 30,000 though.

I am thinking of looking at this s4. I hope the link works.

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/d...9&pgno=1&srt=1

And for a B5 (96-2001) a4 it depends alot on the condition, but you can find them for from around 10,000 to 20,000 +

The b6 (2001.5-2005) I once again depends on the condition, but you can get them in the east coast for 18,000 and out here 25,000+

Comment

Do you guys have anythoughts on the cars? I am also thinking of looking at s40's and possibly saabs

Comment

S40s are sweet.. well the new ones.. i dunno if there are old ones??

that canadatrader laser red S4 was for sale last fall when i was shopping just to let you know.. the guy more than likely pulled the ad out to drive it in the winter
                Last edited by R_Ethug; 06-13-2006, 07:07 AM.

Comment

The problem with the volvos is that to get them in awd, its 30,000+

Comment

Originally posted by 94gti
                    The problem with the volvos is that to get them in awd, its 30,000+
                    That is true, unless you want to get a little older. The problem is if you want to get AWD you need to get the T5 which adds a lot of other features and whatnot not to mention the motor upgrade is not cheap. I like the older S40's too but they have a lot less power, are smaller and were only available in Auto.

Are you only looking for AWD?? Perhaps an older S60 might suit your needs, and they still ride on much the same platform as they currently do. I'll admit though, probably not as flashy as an S4 but a nice car nonetheless and more availability.

Personally I wouldn't mind an 850 T5 for a daily.

One thing though, if you do look into the "older" volvo's watch the 98 and 99ish cars as some of them had ECU issues.
                    Last edited by Tuna; 06-13-2006, 11:04 PM.
                    Jay

Comment

I think I have settled for an older A4, I am right now working out the details. I have deceided that I dont wanna spend huge on a daily driver.

Comment

just grab a tdi, my cousin always mocks me for having a 2.0L

Comment

I thought about a tdi, but I want AWD. I bought a 98 A4 in mint condition, in the pearl white color, i'll get pics up soon.

Comment

nice.. congrats man

Comment

Working...
                            X