Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flames Get some scoring!!!

Leopold out, Tanguay in!!!

"The NHL Entry Draft was just one pick old when the Calgary Flames made a big splash on the trade front by acquiring sniper Alex Tanguay from the Colorado Avalanche.

General manager and coach Darryl Sutter announced the acquisition of Tanguay in exchange for defenceman Jordan Leopold, a second round choice, 59th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft and a conditional, second round draft choice in 2007 or 2008..

Tanguay had 78 points (29 goals, 49 assists) and 46 penalty minutes in 71 games with the Avalanche last season. That put him behind only Joe Sakic on the Avs in scoring.

Alex Tanguay bio and stats

And Tanguay, contacted by calgaryflames.com at his home in Quebec following the trade, said he has more to show.

"I don't necessarily think I have shown all my potential," said Tanguay. "I think I have a lot more ability than I have shown. I believe that you come into your prime between 26 and 32 as a hockey player and I am now 26. Personally I don't think I have played up to my potential yet. Hopefully I can come into Calgary and help my teammates."

In 450 career NHL games Tanguay has posted 400 points (137 goals, 263 assists) and 219 penalty minutes." --www.calgaryflames.com

Wow, Im excited guys, finally a play maker that can bring back and actually surpass numbers that Conroy was giving us. I think the coolest stat is Tanguay actually lead the Avalanche in assists, and was second in points the the year they had, Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, and Hejduk. A pretty amasing player if he can produce better numbers then those guys. Anyways lets hear your thoughts guys.
    Last edited by RedMile04; 06-25-2006, 01:50 PM.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Re: Flames Get some scoring!!!

Sounds like a good move but I am sad to see the potential in Leopold leave. I guess with Phenouff really stepping up to the plate it made Leopold expendable.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

This is great! Hope he fits into a good line, and gels with the other guys.....would be great to see some good plays made
      2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
      2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
      2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Is he a center though, or another wing?

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Tanguay is a left winger... Jarome is a right winger, mabye if Sutter plays his cards right we can get a top centre to replace Langkow and we are laughing.
          When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Comment

That would be a pretty wicked line. iggy needed a second high scorer, during the season people kept complaining about how he wasn't performing as well, but if you really watch you see that is because he kept getting double teamed or targeted. with two scorers on i think they'll both be able to shine since you can't really focus on just one or the other. a stronger offensive presence is just what we needed, 06/07 will be a hell of a season.
            Road Runner
            Le Mans Blue BMW 135i- M sport Package

Comment

This is great! No disrespect but I considered Leopold a bit of a dud, Tanguay for a a dud! I love it!

Comment

Working...
              X