Audio info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio info

I may be looking for new speakers for my car as the stock system is not sounding so good anymore. Looking for some information on products (really don’t know that much about audio) and where to buy. Also for the MKIII crew, size information as I have looked on VWVortex and there is about 5 different size’s people say.

The last question I have is about the stock amp in my car, should I just remove it and run all new speaker wire (which sounds like PITA)?
    2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
    My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Re: Audio info

yea gut it all out and replace it all.. it's not that bad in the end and will sound much better

Comment

Wirring doors isn't that bad, just wire everything at once. I usually gut the interior and run power wire, speaker wire and RCA's at the same time.
      Name: Brent
      His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
      Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
      Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

JL Audio VR series or Kenwood Excelon series. You won't be disappointed with either. Definately worth looking at an amp to run them. Both of these series prefer separate amp over deck power. What do you use as a head unit?
        Jeff
        2006 Jetta TDI

"If you think you don't like change, you will like obsolesence even less."

Comment

If you really like your music I would even get into the low end of the Focal speakers.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

I need to screw my amp down to something in my trunk (this is the amp for my sub) I want to put it on the back of the seats... anything I should know before I go and get some screws?
            2001.5 Audi S4

Originally posted by James
            My engine may be a solid 4 liters smaller than yours, but i have a HUGE penis

Comment

Working...
            X