VW rant!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW rant!!

Well i just wanted to share with you all my store of what happened in the last couple days.

So i took my car into vw south center fine cars becuase my manual GTI seem to be sticking when going into third and slightly un smooth when changing into other gears. So i took it in and 7 hours later they call me saying that i need a new clutch. Im trying to figure out how they came to that assumption, but the lady on the phone assured me thats what needed doing.
    So i ask her how much it will cost to get my clutch done. She Says 2100 I nearly **** myself. So i said to her i would come grab the car and take it some where else. When i arrive to pick up the car. I look on the work order and it says they spend .5 hours on my car. This cost me 80 bucks to have them tell me this problem. While i was there i asked how much it would cost for the tranny fuild to be replaced ( i thought for sure this was all that needed doing) she quotes me 280 bucks .

So i ring up national transmission and tell them that i will be needed a new clutch put in my car right away. They said sure no problem, bring it by right now and we will have it done for you in a day or 2. They quote me 1000-1100 for a new clutch. This was much better

The next morning i get a call from national transmission. One of there mechanics explains to me that he has been driving the car around all morning trying to find a problem, but he cant. He said the clutch feels perfect and very smooth. He dident give up there, he said he would do some poking around and give me a call back in a couple hours.

A few hours gone by and they tell me my car is ready for pick up. i go to national to see what exactly they have done. They checked and lubed all the shift linkages and changed the tranny oil with new synthetic oil. I took it for a spin and it felt perfect. Shifting was smooth, clutch was smooth, everything was great. The best part was. National charged me 50 bucks Problem solved by changing the oil.

I would never take my car to south center fine cars again. They were dishonest, lazy, and national and myself are still trying to figure out how they thought it was the clutch. I feel sorry for any one who has gotten suckered into 2100 bucks by them. Not to mention they wanted 280 to change the tranny oil!

A big thumbs up to national transmission in crowfoot for their friendly service and honestly. I would be broke right now if it wasent for them.

Just wanted to share my story with you boys. Thanks!
    sigpic

Re: VW rant!!

Second opinions never hurt....I've never dealt with South Center myself..

I had someone tell me I had lost a bearing in the bottom end once....found the issue was water pump bearing. Replacement cost was $71 (Toyota 4x4).

Glad it worked out for you though....

Comment

I’m sure it was mis-diagnosed by one of the tech in SFC. It more likely a people problem not the whole SFC is bad. I’ll be more convinced to pay 80 bones if they lube the shift linkages and show some improvement. Perhaps she(I know) wants to pull you a fast one for a new clutch.

I’m not sure what oil National put into your transmission but 50 bux is hardly to get any major brand of 4L Synthetic + labor.

I’m glad you are happy again.

Best wishes,
      Last edited by B5; 07-22-2006, 10:54 AM.

Comment

You only need 2 bottles of Syncromesh and it's about 10 per bottle. There is a special socket to get the drain plug out - Northland charged me 15 mins labor to do it since I brought the oil.

And ALWAYS get a 2nd/3rd opinion when given a bill bigger than a few hundred.

Khyron
        Geoff
        Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Stig
          checked and lubed all the shift linkages
          fifth ave did that for me once for FREE..however the smoothness wont last too long, but i did enjoy it as long it lasted

Comment

Ok here's a reply for ya...

1) You must know that if you look carefully at your invoice it probably says something along the lines of "need to confirm"... look for that before assuming that your clutch has to be done, it's possible the needed auth for more time to confirm that's the problem in the first place.

2) Secondly, SCFC's is a certified VW dealer, they don't need to take advantage of some kid to make thier money, they see thousands of satisfied customers a year and have won numerous awards for customer service. Do you honestly think that losing one customer 'cause he's mad about a POTENTIAL diagnosis really makes a difference. Like the others have said, don't be hesitant to get a second opinion, however, don't be upset if you need a clutch in the near future.

Good luck with findin' a dealer that's up to your standards. Might I recommend "tune-dub"
            1) 2007 Candy white MKV GTI. DSG, votex kit, 19" Privat netz, tinted tails, smoked side markers & mirror signals, 20% tint, TT stubby, APR sport 3" turbo back exhaust, ABD stage 2 cold air intake. GONE.
            2) 1993 Green Corrado VR6. ABD intake. FK Silverline coils, Zimmerman cross drilled & slotted rotors. GONE.

Comment

Anybody read Road and Track here?? They have a good colum on this subject in the side glances section.

Comment

Let me bust out some Kleenex...
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

Working...
                X