Idle Problem FIXED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Problem FIXED!

Well I went to the dealership and bought the green coolant sensor. After putting it in my rough idle problems dissapeared! I was shocked how smooth and stable my idle is now.... No more fluttering from 700-800 RPMs.

The best $7.00 I spent in a while. Actually it came to around $11 after buying a new oring and clip.

QuA
    Last edited by QuA; 07-13-2003, 10:31 PM.
    2008 BMW 135i | M Package | JB3 | DCI | BMW Performance Exhaust

what is it? My idle isn't always rough but I know its to do with power drain. Like I'll be sitting there at like 800 and it will blip down to like 650-700 then back up. I tested out various methods of power drain like sitting there and turning on my headlights, stereo,etc and sure enough when that happens it would blip down..

ps.. shouldn't it be fixed on warranty?

Comment

Hey Qua where is the sensor located to see if i have the right one in there.... thx
      Dale Willimus

Comment

Hey Mike -- you ever get those engine mounts from Volinder? Seriously... upgrade those biatches and you are good to go! :thumbsup:

Peter

Comment

Are engine mounts really worth it to install.... what can i expect from them
          Dale Willimus

Comment

With an aftermarket exhaust... they're awesome! They prevent rattling of the downpipe on the factory heat shield(s).

Peter

Comment

Sup Peter!

I dont think Volinder has found them yet... he said he was willing to pay for half of the cost if he cant find them. I have an appoitment this Thursday to go get them put in. I cant wait! Peter did you get your CAI yet? and which one are you deciding on?

Regarding the Green Coolant sensor.... I was reading online that it was fixing many of the vortex members problems. Sometimes if your having startup problems it fixed them too. My idle is amazing stable. No more blips or fluctuations... maybe 10 RPM's but thats better then my dipping down to 700. The coolant sensor is located on the lower right side of the engine. It takes 2 minutes to replace. Just make sure your car hasnt been turned on for a while..... the coolant can spill all over the place. You can turn the coolant cap off to take some pressure away as well.

QuA

Comment

Interesting. Where/when did you decide to do this? How much did this "sensor" cost you? Where did you get this idea to "swap" the sensor.

Brilliant. (thanks to Chris for letting me use that term)! lol

Comment

What is the difference between the new sensor and the original one?
                  Neil
                  '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

Cool - I have startup problems, this can't hurt! For $7 I am doing this for sure. Can it be undone if I have problems?

Do you know the part number? How did you figure out how to do the install, is there a website with some pictures or something?
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

The bentley book has something on it. It seems quite straight forward.
                      Nick
                      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                      --Albert Einstein

Comment

059 919 501A is the part number. You need an oring and new plastic clip.

Instructions:

1) Wait till car cools down, and open coolant to release the pressure.
                        2) Use pliers to grab c-clip out
                        3) pull black coolant sensor out
                        4) make sure the old o ring came out as well
                        5) put new oring on the green sensor
                        6) plug back in
                        7) put c-clip back in
                        8) start car!! =)

It doesnt fix everyone's problems but it is a part that does eventually fail. Some people report nothing happens, some people get better idle and mileage. I still have little flucuations in my idle but not as frequent and as much.

QuA

Comment

gonna go get ome right now
                          Dale Willimus

Comment

LOL -- ditto.

Comment

When you guys install them tell me how it went. The older black sensor seems to fit a little tighter then the new green one.

QuA

Comment

Working...
                              X