No announcement yet.

Northland + Aftermarket Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris I never snipped your K-wires... as per your instruction. Yes the "teeth" aren't able to connect inside the socket, but it's purely piece of mind!

Peter

Comment

Alot of people on the vortex carry a picture that shows that the deck is not hooked up to the k wires, then whenever they go for service they show the the picture, I can see why the dealer would be wary, their diagnostic machine is worth a few thousand bucks.

Unfortunately the deck was installed in my wife's Beetle prior to our purchase of it. Thanks for the information though. How do I go about becoming a member? Also, is their anyway I can avoid these hassles in the future, as I am thinking of installing a system in my 03 GLI.
      You can become a member by contacting Peter (Fluidic Digital) or Blair (Canadian Turbo), probably the latter would be easier, or by coming out to one of our meets. They are purchasing a vag-com which can to the CEL things, and we get discounts at various places.
      Nick
      There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
      --Albert Einstein

Comment

hey peter.. for what year is your manual for though.. i'll buy you a sixer for it..

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone. I think I am going to get the deck removed, and get the service done. I'll make sure the deck is re-installed without the K-wires connected (I'll probably take a picture as well, although I wonder if they will trust that in the future).
          2013 Audi S4 Estoril Blue Crystal
          2017 Audi Q7 Glacier White Metallic

Comment

Wish I had thought of that picture thing... no way am I pulling my deck out unless its an emergency now
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
              ...their diagnostic machine is worth a few thousand bucks.
              Actually Nick... there entire equipment platform including software is just close to $40,000CDN.

Peter

Comment

Hmm well even more of a good reason for them then
                Nick
                There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                --Albert Einstein

Comment

It doesn't blow up the whole machine - the damage on the older units is few grand, and the newer ones all have fuses.

The newer vagcom cables have k-wire LEDs that show it's not hooked up - you can even buy a dedicated display, why the #&$^$ dealers don't buy a couple and save us all the hassle, I do not know.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-saver/index.html

Getting a Vag owner to pull/clear the codes is fine if you are out of warranty but the above is best if you are newer.

Khyron
                  Geoff
                  Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Working...
                  X