OMG Paint quote from hell.. well maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Paint quote from hell.. well maybe

Damn man.. I got a quote from concours for painting my pzwo front, grill, eyelids and rear stock valence.. 530!!! holy crap man.. i phoned C1 and they hooked me up with Courtesy Collision by them and concept said they will hook me up good so I gotta go there tommorow on my lunch break

Damn, thats alot, I painted my valences and eyelids for around 70 bucks. DIY lol

Hey when did I get a new user title~~?!
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

nah nick I want it to look super clean but the dude at concours was like if you get it down leave the car so we can get a perfect match.. whoever i go with if they want my car then I have to get a loaner for sure

ps.. no idea.. i think we should scrap the user title and let us make our own

Comment

whenever i get stuff painted, i give them my stock grille to paint-match.

you can just take off your stock grill and put cardboard there for a few days if you want to.

and $500 seems about right for that stuff.

$250 for bumper
        $100 for grill
        $50 for eyelids
        $100 for valence
        -------------------
        $500 + tax

that's reasonable.
        Simon

Comment

well I'll find out today from courtesy.. if they can beat that price and plus I hear tons off good stuff on them from C1 and kris got his stuff done by them.

btw that 530 was with no install on any parts

Comment

Courtesy gave me a good price but the paint wasn't perfect- I am sure they would fix it but I figure its going on the front of my car with about 10,000 rock chips anyhow... I would still go back there, in fact I will once I buy some sideskirts.
            KR
            Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

well today courtesy gave me a quote for 413 for all the peices so I'm dropping them off tommorow

ps.. i need help taking off my rear valence.. peter or kris call me please 862-8774

i have no tools either:(

Comment

It's pretty easy... all you need is some gloves, some KY-Jelly and some Clorets!

lol

You call ME -- you have my number. hahaha

Peter

Comment

Ryan, removing the rear is EASY. You just remove the screws underneath and in the wheel wells - for me this was about 2 on each wheel and 3 underneath. Then start on one side, and PULL LIKE A MOFO. You can wiggle as you pull if it turns you on. Eventually it will pop off one clip at a time... it took me about 45 mins to get mine off doing it this way.... but really its a one-man job. Honestly I wouldn't feel comfortable being the one to pull this hard if it was someone else's car...
                  KR
                  Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Yeah I had trouble getting mine off, so I just masked off the bumper and painted it while still attached. I did take off the bumper.
                    Nick
                    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                    --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X