X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official "Who has Vag-Com" Thread

Originally posted by fishbowl View Post
    Anyone available for a throttle adaptation in the sw near MRU??
    Can't you just undo both terminals of the battery for 10 minutes and then connect them and then just turn the key to accessory while it repositions. Don't start the car right away after you disconnect the battery.

Comment

Gary!

Sorry bud, I typed up a whole message and apparently it didnt send! I found the manual way to do it for ya.

Manual throttle body adaptation:

"The Throttle is "Drive By Wire" and adapts to your particular driving style. Do a TBA Throttle body adaption).

1. Get in your car, it doesn't matter if you close the door or not.

2. Turn the key to the on position, the position just before the starter turns over.

3. Press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position.

4. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off" position(don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

5. Wait 2 mins. for a full alignment. During this time you may hear very faint noises and clicks. I
      only heard one sitting in my car, if I got out and popped the hood I might hear more.

6. Drive the car as you always do.

Depending on your driving style, this may or may not be a big factor. I do a lot of city driving so
      I noticed a big change after erasing my history. It is not hard to do this, just follow the
      instructions - Key on, pedal down, 5 sec, key off pedal up, wait 2 minutes.

Keep the key in for the entire thing. "

Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
      2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, ill give that a try when i get home. I was under the impression that it had to be done by VAG-com only, but that would be great if i didn't need someone to come by. Now i just have to fix the leak in the air tank!

I still have a handheld unit that can read and erase codes, change lock and flash stuff, and probably a bunch of other small simple programming. Still available if someone needs a basic scan.
        Last edited by fishbowl; 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Knew I had seen a wagon around on air, didnt realize it was you......
          Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
          2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Looking to have TPMS diabled on my RS4. Anyone have the Ross-Tech HEX+CAN and can do this? Procedure seems pretty simple http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...MS-via-VAG-COM if anyone's willing? PM me!
            Rob
            Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
            Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Should prob update that I have vagcom for those of you in the NW
              Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

Hello All. My car is mostly back together, but when I start her up in the next week or two I'd like to have someone with a VAG COM plugged in to make sure everything is running properly. [Deleted line: apparently you can't check timing on VAG-Com for PD engines?]. Let me know if you can help, pizza provided. Cheers!
                Last edited by witchcraftz; 04-13-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

trying to do this so perhaps someone who has a VCDS knows how to do it?

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/m...t-Idle-TDI.htm

Cheers!

Comment

Hey, new to the forum.
                    Out in Chestermere here with an 07 Touareg. Taking a look to see if anyone around has a VagCom?
                    And if anyone knows any good options to add Nav? I'm loaded up except the Nav.

Thanks

Comment

Best option is to go OEM as it integrates way better than any aftermarket option. That or a Dynavin, but I'm not sure if they make then for Touaregs

Pat

His
                      1989 Porsche Carrera 4 // 5 Speed // Guards Red

Hers
                      1987 VW Cabriolet // 20VT // O2J // Recaros // Porsche Slate Grey // Ronal Turbos // FK Coilovers

2005 Porsche Cayenne S

Theirs
                      1977 VW Type 2 Westfalia

Gone
                      2004 Audi A4 1.8T // quattro // 6 Speed // Brilliant Red
                      Fully built 1.8T || AEB || Motoza tuned || ID1000 || S4 MAF || GT3076R

Comment

Is there anybody in the NW area that I can stop by and get the DRL disabled on a MKV to have the euroswitch work more like it should?

Comment

Do you know how to use the vagcom for what you want?? I will be picking one up in the next couple days and can tag up with ya if you know what you're doing..
                          I'm in airdrie..

Comment

Hey all, looking for a KII-usb cable in order to get the air out of the ABS pump on my 2001 Jetta TDI. Fluid ran dry during brake bleeding... and the nightmare began. Doesn't matter what area of the city, the car is still drivable, just unsafe on account of extremely mushy brakes. I will need to bleed my calipers in the same place as the cable, but the sounds of it. Anyone willing to help me out?

Yes I'm not a big poster on this forum, had to do a lot of googling to figure out where to find these cables in Calgary.

Comment

I have a MICRO-CAN interface. Located in Glamorgan - SW. And I like beer

Comment

Hi,
                                I am in downtown/mission and need to activate rear view camera on the new Passat. I am doing camera installation next week and like to activate camera prior to the installation so i can test it before the full install.
                                If anyone is close by and willing to help please PM.

Also is the cable available for purchase locally?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X