No announcement yet.

Wuduya guys think......Zender spoiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wuduya guys think......Zender spoiler?

I've been thinking of putting on a Zender deck lid spoiler (with the emblem filled and smoothed out). Can't really decide, cuz I think my ride looks pretty simple and clean right now and I don't want it to look to busy. On the other hand, the Zender spoiler is pretty subtle. What do you guys think???

Here's my car as it looks right now.........

Derick

i love the zender rear lip.. do it man.. leave your VW emblem though.. very nice look..

Comment

Thanks for the opinion. I think I'm already leaning towards getting the spoiler For the emblem though, I meant I want to fill and shave the Zender emblem from the spoiler itself, not the VW emblem. Sorry, I should have been more clear about that. The Zender piece comes with this little square recess on the top of it where an adhesive Zender logo is supposed to go. I've never really liked it.
      Derick

Comment

yea shave that off for sure.. i would if i get that lip

Comment

I would say... "get the lip"! :thumbsup:

Peter

Comment

I'll stop by the body shop that attached mine tomorrow and if they're confident they can remove it without damaging the spoiler or my paint, would you be interested in buying it?

I had the Zender logo smoothed and it's painted black. It's in mint shape.

Let me know what pricing you're looking at and from where and I'm sure I can do better.

Comment

Yikes. That seems like a tough proposition getting these things off. The adhesive is pretty potent on these, especially given the amount used and contact area on the rear deck lid. If you're getting rid of yours, I'll definitely be interested. Just let me know how much you want for it.

BTW - Why are you selling it?
              Derick

Comment

Actually the black "sausage" adhesive that came with my spoiler didn't hold well enough and started to separate after the first summer, so I got a body shop to stick it on better. They used tape and adhesive but I will have to check with them to see if it's on for good or not.

I'm selling the car, so all the aftermarket parts off it are for sale. I have a "Jetta parts" thread in the forsale forum, a few items left if you're interested.

I'll let you know when I get info from the body shop.

Comment

Go for it!!!
                  Blair
                  Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Well, they didn't use just double sided tape. They used adhesive also. Verdict? Paint removal. So, the spoiler's staying on my car, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X