Supercharged!! and NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharged!! and NOS

Hey guys, i was at speedtech yesterday, and an old guy came in, he has a 2002 vr6, silver, sleeper. He has a comtech supercharger shipped from the states ($7000) canadian and nos...damn its fast.. he claims almost 280 whp. woowee...

Yeah the vr6 can pull like 300 whp with a supercharger w/o NOS
    Nick
    There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    --Albert Einstein

Comment

what?? cool.. actually i got the treat of driving a supercharged Miata that had a push button start and a real wood momo wheel!! it was crazy as hell fast .. seriously though to spend 7000 more on a 32g car here mise as well buy a 350z or a G35 coupe.. oh well still would be fun as hell to do

Comment

Heh, there the whole thing about having 7g after a while of owning the car compared to having 7g right away.
        Nick
        There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
        --Albert Einstein

Comment

Force induction and NOS really caught people attentions these days.

Where is the REAL art on engine tuning?
          “If you think your car is under control, you’re going slow.”

Comment

FI is real tuning, you have to do alot to get it right
            Nick
            --Albert Einstein

Comment

yea FI are fun.. NOS is cheating in my books plus who here can seriously be full out in say 3'rd gear and hit the NOS button.. maybe like on deerfoot at say 330am..

Comment

Originally posted by Smartiepants
                FI is real tuning, you have to do alot to get it right

That could be true from your point of view now but when you expose to more race engine technology and knowledge; you can draw the line what is the real tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                  yea FI are fun.. NOS is cheating in my books plus who here can seriously be full out in say 3'rd gear and hit the NOS button.. maybe like on deerfoot at say 330am..

I just want to say the conversion from an NA to a FI. Not all FI is no good.

OK…Here is technical. With the split second bigger horsepower gain from the NOS; given the same flywheel, same final drive and same gear ratios on all gears, you cannot get any faster in speed. What changed is taking you to the maximum speed on that gear. So, if the maximum speed of your 3rd gear is 140km/h. It will not take you to any high km/h.

Comment

The point isn't to change max speed or gear ratios, it's for more acceleration.

Max speed for most cars is when the engine can no longer overcome the drag of the air outside and acceleration drops to 0 (neutral). Increasing HP has a side effect of letting you overcome more drag, thus higher speed (assuming the final gear is not short).

I used to think NOS was cheating, but after seeing some of the work that had to be done to make it work right, it's not trivial. And the fact that they have bigger balls than I in risking their engine... I think people that remove half their interior before a race are cheating. "Ok I'll race, just a sec - removes all seats, spare, tires, carpet, etc...Ok ready!".

Khyron
                    Geoff
                    Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I will be supercharged by this time next year, but I love my Jetta far too much to run NOS. Thats like spousal abuse ,only to your car.

Present
                      2010 Audi A4 S-Line
                      2007 VW GTI 2.0T

Past
                      2003 VW Jetta GLI
                      1992 VW Jetta GL
                      1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Comment

yea mike how is the supercharger plans coming along.. i forgot you were planning on doing that.. can't wait..there have been a bunch of 24vers on vortex that are supercharged now..

Comment

is that the guy bill was talking about who got all that installed at scfc?
                          2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                          2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                            there have been a bunch of 24vers on vortex that are supercharged now..
                            Links please!

Peter

Comment

i dunno peter. just from random surfing on there at work i found a bunch.. some dude at waterfest from AWE-tuning i think he worked for had a stock 24v GLI that was SC'd and that was basically it..

Comment

Working...
                              X