My MKV R32 Test drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MKV R32 Test drive

After heading to Vegas for a week to play, i decided to head to VW to see if There was any R32's.

Well Before i could even get out of the car, as i parked in front of 1 of 6 i had a very big bulge in my pants.

Its was Blue and F U C K E N the best looking golf i have ever sceen.

The inside was the same as my GTI except for the Trim was carbon fiber.

Well time to drive ths bad boy, and see what all the hype was is about. Of course it was DSG but it did not make a difference. Just starting it the you could hear how loud this car was.(as loud as my car with a 3''TBE) I ripped it out of the parking lot with ESP off with out even a hint of wheel spin.

This car handled so well in the corners, even with DSG i would buy this car in 2 seconds. As for the power i was quit impressed how fast it really was, it would keep up with the best of them that is for sure. Launch control was really cool too, I held my foot on the brake while flooring gas. It held steady at 3500RPM until i took my foot off the brak and booom away we go. Very cool

Price was good to considering, they were knocking off $3500.00 off list.

All an all this car was very bad ass, and would trade my GTI in wth out even a flinch.
    Last edited by Speed Cat; 10-16-2007, 11:03 PM.
    12 VW Golf
    09 BMW 135i
    07 MKV GTI
    03 Jetta GLI
    01 Jetta GLS
    90 Jetta GL

Re: My MKV R32 Test drive

Too bad we can't bring them home
    Tyler

vinylappeal.com

Comment

I'm not sure about other manufacturers, but I think we really do get the shaft up here when it comes to VW's.

Comment

Yeah the new .:R32 does look sick. And CF trim? drools..**

I want to drive one now.
        Cameron Bajt

BUY MY CAR: 03' GTI VR6 72k miles 16,900OBO

BUY EIBACH SPRINGS: LOWERS 1.2" F/R FOR $140 {{NEVER INSTALLED}}

Comment

Why is it again that we don't get them? Or can't import them in?

I know R&T said only 5000 are coming to America but why can't we import them??

Comment

I think it is the fact they have never been crash tested in Canada, because VW does not want to sell them here so its not worth the money to have them tested to them , otherwise they would probably be ok or need minor bumper mods.
            Blair
            Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo View Post
              I think it is the fact they have never been crash tested in Canada, because VW does not want to sell them here so its not worth the money to have them tested to them , otherwise they would probably be ok or need minor bumper mods.
              correct
              Team Highschool
              Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

even if there were sold here we would just go buy them from the states for 10k cheaper. haha

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                  even if there were sold here we would just go buy them from the states for 10k cheaper. haha
                  The one i test drove was going for 37K US

But they had it down to 31K, and the guy said he would go even lower if i was ready to buy right away.

Still cheap considering my gti was like 36K stock
                  12 VW Golf
                  09 BMW 135i
                  07 MKV GTI
                  03 Jetta GLI
                  01 Jetta GLS
                  90 Jetta GL

Comment

if was 37k us here it would be mid 40's. that's what i was getting at, but ya a r32 for the price of a gti would be sweet.

i was loooking on ebay at audi a8's there buyout it around 30k for a 2004. might consider one of those too

Comment

Working...
                    X