Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing a burnt tailight bulb - MKIV

Hey Guys,

I had a quick question for you. My mom's driver's side tailight is burnt out on her MKIV Jetta. I have obtained the bulb and was wondering how much trim needs to be removed in order to remove the bulb holder. I noticed that there is a hatch whereby you can access the tailight socket holder but I cannot seem to completely remove the assembly because I am being blocked by the trim. I looked it up in the Bentley but it not very useful.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

David

Re: Replacing a burnt tailight bulb - MKIV

its a bit of a pain.. unclip the wiring harnes, that will give you a bit more wiggle room. You should be able to pull the whole assembly holding the bulbs out though without removing anything else.
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

I found drivers side a pain in the ass - you can get it out but you do have to fold back a corner of the fabric to slide it out. I just cut a few cm off and now it's easier.
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I did the same thing, just trim the material surrounding the bulb assembly and it makes it easier, although it's still a tight fit.

On the drivers side it also really helps to fold the door down on that little side compartment so the flap for the taillight can open up more.

Shane

Comment

Thanks for all the tips and help! I managed to squeeze the holder out and replace the bulb.

David

Comment

Working...
          X