Alarm Light not blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm Light not blinking

I just got my 04 Jetta Wagon a couple weeks ago. It's been a blast to drive!
    Some thing that's been bugging me: The Alarm light on the door does not blink when I arm it.

The owners manual states:

If you must leave your vehicle parked for a long period of time, the system warning light in the drivers door will go out after 28 days.

This is done to conserve the battery. It doesn't mention how to turn it back on. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Mike
    '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Re: Alarm Light not blinking

I frequently leave my car for more than 28 days and the light come back on as soon as you lock the car again. does it honk when you push the lock button? if not then maybe one of your door switches is pooched, trunk and hood are included. if it does honk maybe the light is dead...
    2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

It honks when I push the lock button. From what you said, it sounds like the LED is burnt out........
      Mike
      '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
      '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

LED's don't burn out very often. More then likely someone took the door apart and forgot to hook up the LED again. If it is burnt out I can put a new one in for you though.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Thanks for the advise Stone. Yep you guessed it, the LED and the other door light near the bottom of the door where not pluged in. After a quick look on the vortex to find a how to, they are now working. Thanks again
          Last edited by Kona Bear; 08-05-2008, 12:31 PM.
          Mike
          '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
          '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

Working...
          X