bags are for chicks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bags are for chicks?

Well ive been thinking and was wondering if anyone on the forums has air ride for a mk4 or even mk5, Im think about getting bags and doing the work over the winter(its nice to have a heated garage). Ive been looking on vortex and such..HPS seems to have a good system, but im really not too sure. What are your guys opinion on air ride? i have used air before on my old bug, but i bought it that way. Anyone on here ever driven in a car with bags>? whats the handling like and such...Any input would be great. Im just searching around right now, its not 100% yet.

thanks in advance.
    James
    mk4 wagon

Re: bags are for chicks?

There's a write up on golfmkv.com
    http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55642

Dunno how much help that will be but its a place to start...

Comment

Doooooooo Iiiiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!
      Blair
      Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

I had it on a truck I had, the ride is decent. Handling is fine as long as you dont connect the front 2 bags with a tee and get the cross air transfer. Keep the swaybar hooked up.
        I'm tempted to do a simple system on the rear of mine now, just like the mass produced minvans have it.
        Last edited by RobG; 07-31-2008, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Hmm. Well ill do some more research. But it would be relly wicked. lol. bagged wagons are always awesome.

But Ill ask some more questions on vortex and such. keep the input coming if you have any at all..
          James
          mk4 wagon

Comment

back in my days!!!
            air shocks were all the rage and we'd have bounce tests.
            i've seen one with the bags about a couple of years ago,you may want to go on
            Airriders Forum in Edmonton,thats were the car was from.
            done nice and it really felt good.
            Last edited by VWSM; 08-02-2008, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Well a bit of an update. ive been talking with scott(i think that was his name) at MASON-TECH. They have everything needed to get the job done. few ppl on vortex are using theres kits. he was saying its going to cost about 4g's. his going to get back to me on shipping..they are in ohio, so maybe do that sweetgrass thing..idk yet, but ill keep you all posted!!
              James
              mk4 wagon

Comment

4 large for air-ride suspension??? WOW. And here I am looking just to chop out my suitcase muffler....
                Keep us in the loop it'll be sick I'm sure!

Comment

Working...
                X