A/C issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C issue

Yet another issue with my car. 02 TDI Jetta.

A/C is acting up and now doesnt work at all. Compressor is good, Fluid is good. The issue I am told is wiring. It happened sudden. Driving to work the compressor would click on and off repeatedly. Only stay on for a second then off for a couple minutes then back on. Now I can turn the A/C on and get nothing but hot air. The A/C light comes on but no cold air and I cant feel the compressor come on. Took it to an A/C place in town and they looked at it. They are the ones who told me its in the wiring.

Anyone else have this issue? Could it be a modual or something easy to replace? Any info would be great.

Ryan

Re: A/C issue

my 2000 golf gti had the same problem, bad wire somewhere. Davey (Volkstech) ran a second wire in parallel for me and that fixed it good. if he can remember where the run was you may be able to try it n see.
    Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by Kordain View Post
      my 2000 golf gti had the same problem, bad wire somewhere. Davey (Volkstech) ran a second wire in parallel for me and that fixed it good. if he can remember where the run was you may be able to try it n see.
      Ya, there was a wire deep in the harness in Eric's car that I didn't want to rip the harness out to find so I ran an overlay to repair the issue. Gonzo, you'll need to book an appointment with SCFC if you'd like me to look at it for you.
      Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
      You dig sucka?!

Comment

there's a 4 wire connector on top of the starter, in the plastic loom for all those wires. check there. i've repaired 4 this summer.
        you probably don't like me because someone else said they didn't lol. <3

Comment

Thanks guys.

I took my car into VW and left it with them today. They wont start on it till tomorrow so I am going to run down and check that loom on the starter before they can get to it tomorrow.

If not I bite the bullet and pay the high fee of them figuring out what it is.

Ryan

Comment

Working...
          X