Question about Turbo kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Turbo kits?

So I've been looking into a Turbo Kit for my 03 VR6 and initially I was just going to throw in a VF SC kit, but know I want to turbo it. I found that C2motorsports has a Turbo kit for my car for the same price as the SC kit. Does anyone know anything about this turbo kit or had any first hand experience with one?

Thanks
    MIKE
    '03 GTi VR6

Re: Question about Turbo kits?

get the kinetic motorsports kit. Its slightly more complete than the C2 kit, not to mention Kinetic answers their phones. C2 has pretty bad customer service response unless you know the guys well.

Call Shawn Van Neer at Kinetic and order up a kit from them. If you are wondering which one to order it all comes down to how much HP you want to make and how much you want to spend. There is slightly more than just the kit to buy however if you want a reliable car you can daily drive and not have breaking parts every other week.

You are really going to want to look at upgrading to a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) in the transmission, as well as a stronger clutch, and some Stage 1 Black Forest Industries Motor and Transmission Mounts. This will allow you to put the power to the ground through both wheels, allow the tranny to take the power, and allow the engine to stay in one place in the engine bay without breaking stock mounts which suck.

All of the stuff can be found on the Kinetic Website. There are a few of us now running around town with them. I have a complete build thread somewhere in here of my entire tear down and rebuild. If you dont feel comfortable about doing it yourself give Lawrence at Calgary Autowerks a call. He's a wicked dude and knows how to build VRT's. His number is 403-243-9661

Take a look through my vortex build thread...it's a little more complete than the one on here. I have tons more pics and info if you want just PM me.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3571869
    Team Highschool
    Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Was not aware Kinetic made a 24v kit.

I don't think anyone here has direct experience with the C2 kit, there's a few people running their software though (including myself) and I think most agree it's pretty stable and reliable.

I think a 24v VRT would be amazing and good luck in your endeavour I want to see it!

For the money though you could just buy my VRT then you'd have a reliable fun car and you could keep your daily stock!! j/k
      Last edited by Tuna; 08-25-2008, 11:28 AM.
      Jay

Comment

I think these are the kits the OP was talking about:

https://www.c2motorsports.net/shop/c...golfjetta.aspx
        Graeme

2015 S4
        2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

On the MkV cars, C2 has a pretty good reputation for making some real quick rabbits (turbo bunnies?) with their kits.

I know its apples to oranges (the 24v VR6 vs. the 2.5L I5 but if you check out golfmkv.com you can read people's experiences with the kits, install, problems if any, etc.)

Comment

Yeah I was just looking on the kinetic site and I couldn't find a 24v kit they only have 12v kits avaialble.

Anyone else with somemore infro about the C2 kits?

Thanks to all thoughs who have already helped me out!
            MIKE
            '03 GTi VR6

Comment

Working...
            X