VagCom will scan Nissan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VagCom will scan Nissan

I was in a pinch yesterday helping a friend with a 2003 Nissan Sentra Spec-V with an idle throttle problem, plugged the VagCom in and went to the generic OBDII functions and it all works. Including logging/graphing, etc. Just FYI.
    Jeff
    Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
    Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Re: VagCom will scan Nissan

Any idea off the top of your head if it will work on Dodge?

Comment

Haven't tried it on a Dodge.

I think I got lights on the cable but no connection to the computer on a 2004Mazda3, and I'm pretty sure I got no connection on a 98 GMC Jimmy.
      Jeff
      Current: 2017 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line
      Previous: 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro S-Line, 2001 VW Jetta

Comment

ford and chev are a no-go, I'm pretty sure.
        Stefan
        -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
        -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
        -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
        -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Hrm I'll have to try a subaru?
          Geoff
          Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Generic OBD2 scanners are very compatible tools. My wife sells a generic scanner here for 34$ that will scan almost anything OBD2.

Here's the layout of OBD2. As a rule of thumb, GM cars and light trucks use SAE J1850 VPW (Variable Pulse Width Modulation). Chrysler products and all European and most Asian imports use ISO 9141 circuitry. Fords use SAE J1850 PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) communication patterns.

There are some variations among captive imports such as the Cadillac Catera, a German Opel derivative, which uses the European ISO 9141 protocol.

On 1996 and later vehicles, you can tell which protocol is used by examining the OBD II connector:

J1850 VPW--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 2, 4, 5, and 16, but not 10.
            ISO 9141-2--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 4, 5, 7, 15, and 16.
            J1850 PWM--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 2, 4, 5, 10, and 16.

If your vehicle has this style connector, but doesn't have these pins populated, you probably have a pre-OBDII vehicle. To add some confusion, even having the connector with the contacts shown above is not a guarantee of OBD II compliance. This style connector has been seen on some pre-1996 vehicles which were not OBD II compliant.
            Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
            You dig sucka?!

Comment

Will you include it with my cable buddy old pal old friend from the hood,
              Back at 1518!!! Boo Ya!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech01 View Post
                Will you include it with my cable buddy old pal old friend from the hood,
                No worries hometown! I gottcha covered.
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

werd
                  Back at 1518!!! Boo Ya!!!!!!

Comment

I've scanned Ford's and Subaru's with my vag-com.

Comment

Working...
                    X