Super weird problem....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super weird problem....

Well, ive been having missfiring issues with the car, got that all sorted out. but now. everyone once in awhile, while traveling at low speeds, ESP comes and the car jerks pretty hardcore when i press on the gas. Ive been making it go away by just putting the car in park and turn the car off...if it doesnt go away. I do it again and it is gone. It randomly happens. Its really weird and i am stomped.

If anyone has any info on this or think they know what it is. plz help.

thanks.

Oh ya, its for sale too...hahahha
    James
    mk4 wagon

Re: Super weird problem....

hmm sounds weird, if i were to venture a guess I would say its a defective ESP/ABS sensor, I don't know though. Sounds like the ESP is getting a funky signal, honestly I wish I could just rip the ESP out of my car, one little patch of gravel and I get a nice close up of the vw symbol on my steering wheel haha.

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in and give you better advice. Hope you sort it out!

Comment

hmm,, well ill look more into that for sure...

Anyone else??
      James
      mk4 wagon

Comment

what happens of you use the esp on/off button when the probelm occurs, will that stop it? I dhave to hazard a guess at a sensor giving intermittent signals thus confusing the ECU
        Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

nothing seems to happens. I just turn the car off and it goes aways...and it only happens when i going really slow..or idling at a light or something like that. Really weird

Should i just take it into the dealership to get the get it looked at?
          Last edited by blackradon; 09-30-2008, 05:18 PM.
          James
          mk4 wagon

Comment

yea I would, there is probably some code hiding in the ECU that will show up on their scan, they will charge you $70 right off the bat to scan it though and then the repair. Maybe see if someone will VAG it for you.

Comment

i'm almost positive ESP/ASR light comes on when your MAF is messing up.. i could be wrong as i don't remember my old 1.8t as well as i used to

Comment

Originally posted by blackradon View Post
                Should i just take it into the dealership to get the get it looked at?
                I can hook you up!
                Like Type 2's? Visit my blog!

My posts and comments written here on this forum are on my spare time and are my personal opinion(s) and are not the opinion(s) or policy of my employer nor are they proven to be accurate. Use advice at your own risk.
                You dig sucka?!

Comment

hmm, what dealership you working at? Might have to stop by and get this damn thing going for winter.

PM with details.
                  James
                  mk4 wagon

Comment

Engine speed sensor? Mine went on my jetta. Would cause it to missfire and stall at lights. Then hard to get started again. Sounds a little differnt than your problem but you never know!
                    sigpic

Comment

Tires all the same size? That will cause a wonky signal.
                      Back at 1518!!! Boo Ya!!!!!!

Comment

2 are 8.5" wide with 225/45/17 and 2 are 10" wide with 245/40/17...
                        James
                        mk4 wagon

Comment

rotation speed should be the same. funny I worked on a car today with similar problem, isolated g201 brake pressure sensor, fluid leaked into sensor and shorted it out internally, yet sporadicaly. You get it scanned yet? Dave @ DNF motors maybe able to help you out.

Comment

Ya, dave will be giving me a scan on a demo for his cables he is selling...thanks for the reply tho man...helps out alot.
                            James
                            mk4 wagon

Comment

I am intersted to find out what you and Dave find for my own knowledge. Either way hope it all werks 4 u.

Comment

Working...
                              X