Armrest >=(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armrest >=(

So yesterday the latch to my armrest broke at the hinge. I removed my armrest and glued the piece pack together, and it was working fine. When I went to re-install the armrest, the bolt would not tighten all the way, leaving the armrest a bit wiggly. The inside thread appeared stretched and stripped, most likely from all the wear and tear of the weight on the unit over the years. I tried a slightly thicker bolt and as I was tightening it, it snapped off inside the hole.

Long story short, I need a new armrest. How much do these things cost at the dealer? I've looked on the vortex and they are pretty scarce there.

Anyone have any ideas?

I drive an MKIV GTI by the way.

Re: Armrest >=(

would george @ tunedub have somethihng?
    Stefan
    -> '19 Deep Black Pearl Alltrack
    -> '05 Urban Grey Passat Wagon TDI.
    -> Past rides: '14 Allroad, 06 Mazda5, '98 Jetta K2, '01 Jetta TDI, '91 Mazda B2200, '81 Toyota Cressida
    -> FutuRe Ride...??!

Comment

Should be easy to find Mk4 parts in junkyards or through people like George.
      KR
      Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I have one just chillin here. What interior do you have in your car cause its black cloth but you can always swap the top part on.

let me know if your interested.

i'd be happy with like $50 cause it is brand new with all hardware.
        Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
        2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

Just when I thought my luck couldn't get any worse, I crack my windshield while swapping out the wipers.

The interior I have is black cloth, 50$ sounds good. PM to you
          Last edited by calgarydub; 10-07-2008, 06:37 PM.

Comment

You can put a Heli coil in it and it will work fine. The same thing happened to me before except I didn't break a bolt off in it
            Name: Brent
            His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
            Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
            X