Moroso CCV Catchcan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moroso CCV Catchcan

Check out my Moroso CCV Catchcan that I got from Calgary Auto Works.
    Last edited by darkmanCANADA; 11-05-2008, 05:11 PM.
    2012 VW Jetta GLI

Re: Moroso CCV Catchcan

Thats pretty sweet

How much does the Moroso unit go for if you don't mind me asking?
    Tint sucks

Comment

I got a whole crap load of work done at Calgary Auto Works and they gave it to me for $89 plus the labour. I also got my 034 Motorsports Street Density motor mounts installed yesterday. Now there is now lag on acceleration like I had with the old soft stock mounts.
      2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

I really need to get my CCV filter installed :(
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Stonewall. What one do you have?
          2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

A custom copper one that is pretty cool. I picked it up off a club member before he moved out of the country.
            Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Do you have a picture? I looked at getting a Greddy one but was too much. Almost double the Moroso one.
              2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

The Can looks cool and I will be letting my brother see as he needs something at the moment.
                That air filter though looks like a MAF destroyer though and something that might not help. Sucking in hot engine air compared to the stock cold air intake that gets air from the front of the car.
                If it helps out and your MAF's stay good great, but I am just going by what I have read and seen over the years.

Benjamin
                Ben
                2016 Ram 3500 Laramie
                2000 Jetta TDi, Dead and removing parts
                2005 Passat Wagon TDi, 310,000 km's and counting, BSM delete done....Trans died going to replace
                Her's
                2016 Toyota Highlander XLE Pearl White

Comment

Never used a oiled filter with a car that has a MAF. I agree and everything I have seen and read is the stock airbox with a paper filter is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
                    Never used a oiled filter with a car that has a MAF. I agree and everything I have seen and read is the stock airbox with a paper filter is the way to go.
                    The car is an '01 Jetta that I bought in '05 w/104K on it. Immediately did a snowscreenectomy and put in a K&N. Noticed a difference. This past July I put in the Neuspeed intake from a 1.8T and notice a difference again. I run a Scangauge II and have not noticed any significant difference in IAT from the stock airbox. So I think the heatshield is actually doing its job. The only time I notice the IAT rising is when I am sitting stopped in traffic. When I start moving again the IAT actually goes down quite a bit.

Oh and by the way I am still running the original MAF. Think the people that use oiled filters and have MAF failures are putting the oil on both sides and putting too much on! A little does a lot!
                    2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

bump
                      2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Working...
                      X