• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want this VW

Certified 3m installer
    jwukovits@me.com
    1-403-988-9012
    Instagram @Protectit
    I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
    2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
    2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Re: I want this VW

I concur
    Tint sucks

Comment

What is it? Something like the T-Rex?

Comment

Originally posted by seevik View Post
        What is it? Something like the T-Rex?
        It was called the VW GX3. A 3-wheeled concept car like the T-Rex that came out in 2006 or so. Unfortunately, VW brass cited numerous possible safety issues at the time that could lead to numerous liability and legal issues for VW. As such, the concept never made it to production reality.

That said... with the T-Rex, Crossbow and Atom out there now... perhaps VW should revisit?! Heck... even throw on a 4th wheel if necessary.

Another pic... this one of the inside:
        Last edited by Deuce; 10-25-2008, 09:52 AM.
        Rob
        Daddy's "Hooligan" - MK4 R32 in Deep Blue Pearl
        Mommy's "Gran Turismo" - E70 X5M in Black Sapphire Metallic

GONE... BUT NOT FORGOTTEN:

The Family "Muscle Car" - B7 RS4 in Misano Red - Dad's 20th Anniversary "Wanna-be R32" GTi

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
          That said... with the T-Rex, Crossbow and Atom out there now... perhaps VW should revisit?! Heck... even throw on a 4th wheel if necessary.
          I agree. With a few touch ups, Im sure they can increase the safety but retain the "coolness" of the car.

Like Deuce said, even if they added another wheel, they can reach out to the same crowd that would be interested in an Elise. Of course this all depends on its performance though.

I wouldnt mind seeing a small windshield incorporated aswell......I'd rather not wear a helmet.

This thing has soooo much potential.
          Tint sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Duby T View Post

This thing has soooo much potential.
            Way to much potential
            I want it
            Certified 3m installer
            jwukovits@me.com
            1-403-988-9012
            Instagram @Protectit
            I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
            2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
            2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

The Volkswagen GX3 was a concept car created by Volkswagen. The GX3 was first shown at the 2006 Greater Los Angeles Auto Show. It was considered a very unusual concept since it was three-wheeled and sometimes considered more of a motorcycle concept than a concept car; but it did feature great performance for a value of only about US$17,000.

The GX3 used a transverse-mounted 1.6 L I4 engine from the VW Lupo GTI. This engine gave the GX3 an output of 125 PS (92 kW) and 152 N·m (112 ft·lbf) of torque. The GX3 could go from 0-100 km/h in 5.7 seconds and had a top speed of 200 km/h (125 mph). It used a six-speed manual transmission.

The design of the GX3 was atypical, with the fact that it used a front double wishbone suspension. The GX3 was made out of a tubular steel spaceframe and laminated body panels. The exterior design was one of a kind, with it being a two-seat, three-wheeled vehicle. It lacked a roof or windshield, and was intended mainly for fair-weather environments, as a "weekend car". The design of the interior was very minimalist and entirely functional.

There was considerable speculation as to possible production of the GX3; Volkswagen fueled this with the announcement that production would depend on the public reaction to the concept. However, in spite of the energetic and overwhelmingly positive public response to the concept, and intensive chassis development by Lotus Cars for production, Volkswagen later concluded that it would not be able to sell the GX3 without costly and complex redesigns that would alienate VW's target market and increase price above the proposed US$17,000 base price. The company cited possible safety issues that could lead to product-liability lawsuits and decided that the legal concerns made production as-is impossible.
              Blair
              Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Working...
              X