Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hankook tires?

anyone have experience with these?
    I'm looking for some winter tires and notice hankook. I've never really heard of the brand before. They are kinda cheap in price, so i'm wondering what your thoughts are
    Art || Tornado Red Jetta GLI

Re: hankook tires?

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...inter+i%2APike

Comment

I've got hankook winter tires. They aren't the same model as those, but they've been very good so far.

If you need winter tires Arthur, just come see me at work and I'll hook you up with a deal. We can get lots of different kinds and I'll get you a killer price.
      Mike - 2011 A4 S-Line

Comment

i had a set of hankook icebears.. i really wasnt impressed with them at all...
        i am now running nokian hakkapiattie rsi and i really like them...

Comment

Originally posted by squidjit View Post
          i had a set of hankook icebears.. i really wasnt impressed with them at all...
          i am now running nokian hakkapiattie rsi and i really like them...
          I have run 1 set of Hakkas and I am on my second set of Hankook Icebears.

I will agree that the Hakkas beat the Hankooks, but I think that they are good value and would buy them again. The Hakkas cost twice as much as the Hankooks, but I would not say that they are twice as good. I would reccomend the Hankooks if you were looking for some reasonably priced winters.

Andrew
          Last edited by gaffer; 10-26-2008, 09:20 PM.
          www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

I understand the money factor of the hankook and nokian etc.........but really for the little more money it costs, I would stick with the Blizzak or X-Ice. MUCH BETTER tire and at the end of the day, you'll be safer and they last longer, so your paying the same amount cause you'll have to replace your hankooks at least 1 season before the blizzaks.
            Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

I thought that the blizzacks were a very soft compound that wears out really fast if you drive much on bare pavement?
              2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

only if you drive on dry pavement for a few days with +20 degree weather.
                Don't Panic, I'm Hispanic

Comment

Nice for the Chinooks in Calgary....I remember riding my motorcycle 3 years ago on Boxing Day.
                  2004 VW Jetta TDI Sport

Comment

I would get Nokians but I have heard the hankook's hold up okay in warm weather.

Blizzaks do wear really fast if you drive out to Banff or up to Edmonton on a Chinook day.
                    KR
                    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

thanks for your input guys.

Mike - I'll drop by or give you a call sometime this week

Comment

Working...
                      X