Rear window wiper tube cracked.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window wiper tube cracked.....

My Golfs rear washer fluid tube has been cracked for a very long time now and I need to do something about it. I have refrained from using it because it screwed up one of my hatch sensors by leaking washer fluid all over the sensor. (need to replace that as well).

So..I looked into replacing just the tube and was told that I have to buy the whole assembly.I don't want to do that. Has anyone fixed this with a replacemen tube? or possibly fixed it some other way?

thanks
    Last edited by Guysmiley; 12-08-2008, 06:32 PM.

Re: Rear window wiper tube cracked.....

Do a search I wrote a fix a while back. I do also believe they sell repair kits for it now too.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
      Do a search I wrote a fix a while back. I do also believe they sell repair kits for it now too.
      oh yeah I do remember seeing that now, I will give that a shot!!! Thanks

Comment

Repair kit: http://tdiparts.com/catalog/product_...roducts_id=811
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

$80 US !!!!!

The whole wiper motor assembly is $125 Canadian. What is the point?

Comment

repair kit is hokey, just get the motor, see if frank has a used one @ montgomery, you will most likely need the a new connector for the micro switch in the latch as it will have gunk in it and haunt you later, I have replaced plenty.
            Back at 1518!!! Boo Ya!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Volkstech01 View Post
              repair kit is hokey, just get the motor, see if frank has a used one @ montgomery, you will most likely need the a new connector for the micro switch in the latch as it will have gunk in it and haunt you later, I have replaced plenty.
              thanks,

I think I will get the microswitch new and look into the tube at montgomery.

Comment

I finally got around to fixing this, all I did was solder the crack (like stonewall did) and blew out some junk that was stuck in the nozzle and so far no leaks.

Comment

Working...
                X