Remote only opens drivers door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote only opens drivers door?

I have a 2006 VW Golf tdi. For about the last week the remote will only open the drivers door, doesn't matter how many times I press the unlock button. Used to work fine, and unlock all doors, now, only drivers. Hatch works fine, panic works fine. I can press the unlock button inside to open all, and if all are open and I press the lock button on remote all doors lock. I reprogrammed the remote, didn't change anything.

Thoughts?

Re: Remote only opens drivers door?

had the same problem with mine last year and I got it reprogrammed at the dealer and it worked fine since must just be a bug in the system
    2003 Jetta GLI VR6

Comment

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. My battery was on the way out. I replaced the battery and the passenger door started unlocking again with the remote.
      Sanity In Numbers

Comment

weird! i had the same problem a week or so ago when it got super cold. It pissed me right off because to reprogram it the dealer is going to charge 100 or so. About 5 days after this occurred the rest of the doors started unlocking again with the key fob!

If I were you, save some cash and wait this one out a bit and hopefully yours is like mine and starts working again.

Comment

How is it possible that after exactly 5 days it started working again?

Creepy, but at least it's fixed!

Comment

lol that must be the predetermined VW customer tolerance time. If you havent brought it in for service in 5 days then you must not be going to so they let it work again
            Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

one of the 0011100 or 0001111 got confused.

Comment

Working...
              X