2001 jetta questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 jetta questions

Hey, my best buddy just bought a 2001 jetta 1.8t, but theres some issues, i thought you guys could shed some light on. First off its been modded, front and rear valence changed, different exhaust, sounds aftermarket. and some different wheels. But the main thing is its got a stage 1 cluch (from what i can tell) and the engine idle is up and down...when the hood is open the engine is shaking when the idle drops and comes back.. the engine light is on, and the temp light comes on for a bit when its started.. Theres also a little switch under the deck(above the cigerette tray) im really not sure what it does.. mabe for a chip. He said the Tranction light came on and was on all the way home. What do you guys think?

Re: 2001 jetta questions

When did he buy it?
    In regards to the temp light on for a bit till it warms up check the coolant level.
    I would bring it to either George at tune dub or Chris at Das Auto Haus in Red Deer for the other stuff.
    And the check engine light.............welcome to the wonderful world of MK4's!! LOL
    Mine has been on for at least a year
    Certified 3m installer
    jwukovits@me.com
    1-403-988-9012
    Instagram @Protectit
    I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
    2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
    2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

Get someone to VAG-COM it!
      2012 VW Jetta GLI

Comment

Me and my CEL have grown perrty tight over the past year or so.
        We go everywhere together!
        Certified 3m installer
        jwukovits@me.com
        1-403-988-9012
        Instagram @Protectit
        I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
        2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
        2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

fark you need a vagcom i can bring mine to meets i scan my car monthly regardless if no CEL or not.. i likes it tight

Comment

thanks guys, hes making a appt. asap, as for the CEL iv hurd it is very common, but mines not on :P

Comment

Working...
            X