Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for feature cars...

Hello everyone!

My name is Mel, one of the founders of a new Alberta based online Car magazine idea. After asking around a bit, we have gotten a lot of positive feedback on the idea so we have decided to give the online mag a shot.

Now comes the fun part...the content. We are looking for anyone who is interested in possibly being featured with their ride in our first issue, due out sometime in the next few months. Anyone's welcome to reply to this message, the site will have something for everyone in it. But we need to start getting everything together fairly soon so the stories can be written, pictures can be taken and layout can be made.

So...if you have a ride that you're proud of and want all of Alberta to know about, please let me know at mel_wednesday@hotmail.com A.S.A.P. I'll be out at the Edmonton show on Sunday with all my camera equpiment ect. (I'm a journalism student at SAIT so I have some stuff to help me out) so you can talk to me then but I'd like to get a few ideas before then so email me or I suppose you could post it here as well (email's better, easier to deal with while I'm sitting in class!) and give me an overall run down on yourself and your car. For all you female car fanatics out there, I have toyed with the idea of a Girl's section (about time I'd say) so let me know what your interest is there. Thanks very much guys, hope to hear from a lot of you! See you around!

Mel
    www.melindasyryda.com

How modded does the car have to be to be featured? I guess my car is slightly modded.. but its no show car.

Simon

Comment

Simon,

If there is an interesting story behind your car in anyway (how you got it, what kind of stuff you're done to it, if there's anything special in it (ie. awesome system) ect) then you've got a chance. You've read the magazines, if you think there's enough about your car to make an article interesting, send me your info.

Mel
      www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

Hmm I am also interested, there is nothing that would make it a really funny story I guess, it diid go through an entire interior facelft though (two tone leather) chrome ring etc. NO spoilers or anything, I got my latest photos being developed at the moment.
        I own a luxury econobox..is that an oxymoron?

Comment

Hey man, no worries. If you send me your info and there's enoug there, we may be able to run with the 'face lift' idea...makes things interesting...also looking for content on sound, car reviews, how to articles ect. Feel free to submit anything!

Mel
          www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

haha.. there's nothing interesting about my car at all.

Get job, buy car, move.

Get job, mod car, move. :(
            Simon

Comment

I think Sean should have his car featured. Its the moste modded car here.
              Just a thought....
              TDI SportWagen

Comment

Forsure, pitch the idea to him and get him to send me some info on his ride.

Mel
                www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

No offense to Sean, his car is really great, but isn't the exterior of it pretty much stock? Sure go is more important than show.. but it should have *some* show.
                  Simon

Comment

Hahaha go is just as important as show. Sometimes, the stock exterior gives the car an element of surprise when people see how fast it can be. As I said, Sean if you're interested, let me know and we can see what there is to feature. I've had one response from this forum already so keep them coming, we love hearing from you!

Mel
                    www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

Im interested LOL but im in ontario, and my "outer body" mod's don't consist of a body kit. My engine mod's do include a new turbo and 3 inch exhaust .. my mod list is about as long as my arm..

if only i did body mod's, then i'd be in a mag!

- K04-001 Turbo Charger
                      - Neuspeed Turbo Inlet
                      - Upsolute K04 Software (Version 7)
                      - Open Air Intake
                      - Neuspeed Short Shifter
                      - 3" Brullen Turbo Back Exhaust
                      - HKS SSQV (Blow off Valve)
                      - HKS Turbo Timer Type 0
                      - Dawes Devices Manual Boost Controller
                      - Porsche Fuel Injectors
                      - 4 Bar FPR
                      - Zimmermen Cross Drilled Rotors (All 4)
                      - Kamei Sport Grille
                      - 17x8 Miglia Action
                      - In.Pro Clear Tails
                      - AIWA CDC-MP3 Deck
                      - 2 - 12" MTX
                      - Alpine V12 200W*2Ch
                      - Mirror Tint
                      - VDO BoostGuage
                      - Euro Switch
                      - Rear Fog Light Mod
                      - Vag-Com
                      - SunGlass Holder
                      - One Sexy Driver

[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: footose ]

http://www.vhoist.com
                      http://www.generationdub.com
                      http://www.automodder.com

Comment

Thanks! Since you are in Ontario, it may not hit the mag but I will discuss this with the team and get back to you ASAP.

Mel
                        www.melindasyryda.com

Comment

hey Mel, you can reach me via email:

seanfournier@hotmail.com

thanks,
                          Sean Fournier

Comment

Alright Sean, will do. Thanks!

Mel
                            www.melindasyryda.com

Comment