Maf $?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maf $?

Hi, so ECS Tuning will sell me a VR6 MAF for $155.00 inc shipping. I suspect there would be duty tax etc but no brokerage. Is it humanly possible to buy a new VR6 MAF for less than that? I was quoted $300-ish by a shop today. :(
    John
    1986 Meteor Grey Metallic Squashed VW Beetle
    2011 Mineral Grey Durango R/T AWD

Re: Maf $?

Sure, if you dont require genuine OEM then places like auto value and part source should shave it close to 100 if im correct.
    Originally posted by RedMile
    Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
    Originally posted by Smarty39
    haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Compton View Post
      Sure, if you dont require genuine OEM then places like auto value and part source should shave it close to 100 if im correct.
      Hhhmmmm. Seeing as The oem one I suspect is on the outs is less than a year old how bad could knock off be? Would a $100 non- oem MAF be a terrible idea?
      John

Comment

Originally posted by JPO View Post
        Hhhmmmm. Seeing as The oem one I suspect is on the outs is less than a year old how bad could knock off be? Would a $100 non- oem MAF be a terrible idea?
        Its still OEM just not a genuine vw part.

The only thing i ever bought that wasnt OEM and went on the engine compartment was a Coolant temp sensor from Auto value, came to a whole whopping 16 dollars while VW wanted 45ish.

The part was MADE IN CHINA lol but its been in there for the last year and its doing a great job. -- The old one died completely, once the new one was installed it read anti freeze temp correctly.

If you have the money to go VW OEM then do so, if youre looking to save a buck here and there it never hurts to give it a shot.

How do you know your MAF is done for?
        Originally posted by RedMile
        Don't bug the receiver though, he's far to busy to help you out.
        Originally posted by Smarty39
        haha, thanks man...I take it you're the receiver lol?

Comment

Just unplug it...if you get no difference its cooked.
          2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
          Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Originally posted by dJ View Post
            Just unplug it...if you get no difference its cooked.
            Or if it runs rough and you unplug it and it runs better it's cooked.

depending on the engine code anywhere from 100.00 to 210.00.
            Shoot me a pm if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by VWSM View Post
              Or if it runs rough and you unplug it and it runs better it's cooked.

depending on the engine code anywhere from 100.00 to 210.00.
              Shoot me a pm if interested.
              hahaha Thanks. I knew I was missing something lol!
              2001 Jetta TDI GL Silver
              Malone Tune stage 5+ ,VNT17-22Turbo, OMI, PP Race Pipe, PD 150 Intake, 2 1/2" Straight back exhaust, no mufflers, 2 1/2" downpipe straight no Cat, Race 520 Injectors, 11mm Fuel Pump, Lift Pump, EGR Delete mod,DC Stage IV Clutch, Michelin X-Ice 2's, 26 lb/s of boost alll day long, Smoking like a train!

Comment

Thanks everyone, some day next week when I know I can get out to have the codes cleared afterward I'll unplug it to see what happens.
                John

Comment

i have an oem sensor that you can have for beer money if you're still in need of one?

Comment

Working...
                  X