Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet more mk5 problems .

yet more mk5 problems .
    So after doing another camshaft on a 130,000 k jetta tdi , the dsg flywheel is shot . so within the last 5000kms this poor owner has shelled out money for
    camshaft repair ($2500) and now a dsg flywheel repair ($2700) as well as regular maitinance of t belt and a d service . btw dsg warrenty only covers 09 dsg now and only the mecatronics unit , vw saying this is not thier problem ,
    fml , no one will ever repeat buy another vw if this is what they can expect . why would they wait to have a class action filed to fix a problem on the cars .

so angry .....
    sigpic

Re: yet more mk5 problems .

Symptoms include one, some or all of the following.
    1. Scratch or soft grind at cold idle.

2. Rattling noise from transmission area (like pebbles in your tranny) Most everyone has this symptom, for some, you can only hear it when the vehicle is in the air with the skid plate removed, for others like myself it is also noticeable in gear with foot on the brake and when just starting out. This noise can be duplicated at will by keeping foot on the brake and shifting in and out of N to R or N to D. Can also be heard in Park. This noise has also been heard from outside of the vehicle when the DMF is getting close to failure.

3. Clunking or hard shifting into first from second when coming to a stop. Others have also reported clunky/hard shifting in other gears.

4. Excessive engine vibration in gear when stopped. Very noticeable

5. Excessive engine vibration at idle in Park. Very noticeable

6. Excessive vibration while driving. Very noticeable

7. Vibrating noise while shutting down.

8. Rattle sound, like metal lines against each other from under car (this has also been attributed to the fuel line rattle TSB)
    sigpic

Comment

way too much movement
      is verry similar to the old dmf problems many of us expereianced in our mk4 manuals , however it happens as early as 70,00 k on mk5 and often shortly after warrenty expires and vw is so bad with good will right now
      Last edited by turbomeyers; 02-25-2010, 01:34 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

EEEEEK not god
        Certified 3m installer
        jwukovits@me.com
        1-403-988-9012
        Instagram @Protectit
        I always thought I was strange. Now I have a Saab and it's official I'm strange......

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Lifted on 35's
        2011 Jeep Rubicon 2dr Not Stock
        2004 Saab 9-3 2.0T Daily and Stock(for now)

Comment

I wonder if the 2010 manuals will have any of the other MK5 problems... :S
          Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Probably even worse for 2010 manuals
            Graeme

2015 S4
            2018 Monster 1200S

Comment

Is this just the DSG on a mk5 in 09 or have you seen it in other year / make DSG as well? just curios as i was thinking of getting a DSG for the new car and if its this much of a headache ill pass.
              2011 Jetta TDI

Comment

well the dual mass flywheels is a comon issue on all vws dsg or not but its is just when you compound it to the other issues of the mk5 tdi its so upsetting . i had herd an upgraded dmf (dual mass flywheel) was used from 07 up so i doubt its as big an issue on new cars .
                sigpic

Comment

this was the main reason i bought the 6spd, i didn't know what problems would arise in the fairly new technology.

Comment

Originally posted by danno View Post
                    this was the main reason i bought the 6spd, i didn't know what problems would arise in the fairly new technology.
                    I had performed numerous DSG recall campaigns at Audi regarding the speed/temp sensor. We had to replace it with an updated version, because the transmission would think its overheating and shut it down into nuetral, leaving the driver in a unsettling position on the side of the road. I wouldn't buy an Audi or VW with DSG at least for another 5 years until they become more experienced with this technology as well.
                    TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
                    PM me if you need one!!

Comment

I need to reinforce this thoe . this is an issue in both manual and dsg cars ....... BOTH
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Triple G View Post
                        Probably even worse for 2010 manuals
                        we have the same sense of humour. this makes me lol.

I currently have EIGHTY SIX km's on my transmission. so this doesn't worry me yet.
                        Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

How the heck can you get soooo much travel on a DMF. ill edit this and say without being torqued a lot, have the bushings inside just totally disintegrated or what?

Are you able to put a better one on or is it the same stock part thats gonna do the same thing again in a few months?
                          Last edited by Kordain; 02-25-2010, 11:54 PM.
                          Eric..

Nobody knows everything, but everybody knows something you don't!

Comment

Originally posted by turbomeyers View Post
                            I need to reinforce this thoe . this is an issue in both manual and dsg cars ....... BOTH
                            ahhhh damit, so far so good for me i'm just under 60k though.

Comment

What is the point of this DMF? Is a SMF not a lot more reliable?

Comment

Working...
                              X