power in the trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power in the trunk

just picked up a water meth kit and i want to hide the tank and the pump in the trunk of my car is there any place in the trunk i can get the power i need from or am i going to have to run a wire from the battery to the trunk?

thanks
    Jonathan

Current
    02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
    04 GLI low and slow OG
    Past
    02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
    00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Re: power in the trunk

I take it you have a mk4? Would really help with that type of info. How much current does the meth kit consume? All questions that need answering.
    PS In mk4 trunks there is a lighter socket for low current usage.
    Name: Brent
    His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
    Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
    Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

well you're going to need to control it too, so when you run the switch wiring to it, run an extra few wires, then you can also add the rear fog later, reverse cam .....

there's a nice channel there to run wiring if you take off the lower mouldings, shouldn't take too long.

edit: run power from the fuse box instead of the battery
      Last edited by Satnam; 05-18-2010, 04:41 PM.
      put.......put.......

.... ... .. .

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall View Post
        I take it you have a mk4? Would really help with that type of info. How much current does the meth kit consume? All questions that need answering.
        PS In mk4 trunks there is a lighter socket for low current usage.
        ya its a mk4 jetta the meth kit uses 12 volts dc @ 10.5 amps could i use the power from my moonsoon amp thats in the trunk so i dont have to run a wire from the front to the back?

Current
        02 Audi S3 - Low and Slow phase II follow the build @j_gheron
        04 GLI low and slow OG
        Past
        02 Laser S4//605'd//aquamisted//EPLed
        00 Jetta 1.8T OEM+

Comment

10.5 amps? Run a wire from the battery as nothing else is worth to risk of using and overloading the circuit. Running a wire is not all that hard anyways and you can add a inline fuse to protect the kit.
          Name: Brent
          His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
          Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
          Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Working...
          X