VW Entering WRC in 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Entering WRC in 2013

After months of speculation, Volkswagen has officially unveiled the Polo R WRC.

Set to enter competition in 2013, the Polo features a 1.6-liter TSI engine that develops approximately 300 PS (221 kW / 296 hp). Furthermore, the car is equipped with an all-wheel drive system, a sport-tuned suspension and an aerodynamic body kit.

According to Volkswagen Motorsport Director Kris Nissen, "We look forward to this new challenge and are working on this project with the same passion with which we won the Dakar Rally in the past three years."

Blair
    Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Re: VW Entering WRC in 2013

Why can't I buy that car on the street?? :( :(
    KR
    Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

this is good news!
      "If it has tits or wheels it will give you trouble"

-97 Golf
      -91 GTI

Comment

slightly surprised that this wasn't announced under the A1 platform by audi given its rally heritage.
        Unless this is all part of the new VAG direction of splitting the brands properly
        Team Highschool
        Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

Originally posted by RONDAL View Post
          slightly surprised that this wasn't announced under the A1 platform by audi given its rally heritage.
          Audi didn't have a powerful enough engine
          Jay

Comment

technically speaking neither did the polo.
            they are using the polo/A1 chassis and transplanting the 1.6L TFSI into it which isn't currently available i believe. The A1 and polo are very similiar cars, its more to do with the branding and a few options in europe. They're all built on the same chassis. and neither have the WRC engine as an option.
            Team Highschool
            Twin Turbo Turbo Smurf Avant

www.ctsturbo.com - the home for all your turbo needs. PM me for details.

Comment

awesome...any news yet on the drivers and co-drivers? I will be following this series fo sho
              TWO TON ENGINE LIFT/CRANE FOR RENT
              PM me if you need one!!

Comment

Working...
              X