MK1 Cabriolet - Disable DRL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK1 Cabriolet - Disable DRL's

I have a 1991 Cabriolet and I'm assuming that the DRL's were an added at the dealer item when they arrived in Canada. I have a Bentley manual and I can't find anything showing how the circuit is powered. There was a relay installed for the headlights, but the park lights and dash lights are powered by some other means and work without the headlight switch installed. I'm going to look at how the relay was powered and trace that to see if it's powering the other lights.

Anyone have an idea or experience where else look to get them disabled.

Re: MK1 Cabriolet - Disable DRL's

as far as I recall the head light switch itself controls the drl's why would you want to disable a safety feature?
    Been driving VAG for longer then allot of the members have been alive

Comment

They come on with the headlight switch removed. I have no problem with the DRL's if it was just the headlights, I just don't want to to keep replacing bulbs the cluster bulbs and the lights in all the switches everywhere.

Comment

Just swap them all to LED like I did.
        Name: Brent
        His: '04 TDI Golf Mods: None If it's smoken it ain't broken
        Family: '15 Jetta Sportwagon
        Fun car: '92 Blue Karmann Crabby Cabby Mods: Coils, front and rear swaybars, LED interior lights and some other old things.

Comment

Originally posted by toplessvw View Post
          as far as I recall the head light switch itself controls the drl's why would you want to disable a safety feature?
          I have seen many police cars without DRL... Also if you cant see a car coming at you in the daytime if it does not have lights on you shouldn't be driving

Comment

I'll have working headlights during the day, just not the tail lights or dash lights.

Comment

So I got the Dash lights disabled, with the headlights still working, I modified the existing headlight switch, but the official fix would be the same as many other situations where you replace the headlight switch with a US switch.

323 941 531 G, switch for lighting with rheostat for panel lighting
              323 941 531 H, switch for lighting with rheostat for panel lighting for vehicles with day driving headlights.

Comment

Working...
              X