Good Summer Rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Summer Rubber

Okay guys what does anybody recommend for decent summer rubber. I'm not paying 300+/tire either. I want something decent but cheap.
    So far my contenders are the Kuhmo 712s and the Yokohama ES100's they are oh 188 and 220 respectivly although I haven't received my quote back from mytires just online prices at tiretrends so far.. but I need these oh well before WoW. oh 225/40/18

Re: Good Summer Rubber

I've heard nothing but good things about the ES100's. Their tread pattern looks a lot like Pilot Sports, and I can tell you first hand they are awesome. I would say you should buy Pilot Sports, but you probably don't want to spend the money.
    billip
    2013 Audi RS 5

Comment

I liked the FM901's (Dunlops, same as Bart has on his 18's) I had on my suby, ok, I REALLY liked them for the money (175.99 on 1010tires).

Check out the site, www.1010tires.ca (Even though its a .ca it still comes up in US prices but Canadian prices are on there). I'd totally recomend them, very helpful. And shipping is cheap too.

I also saw Falkens on there for a good price but I don't know anything about them.
      Last edited by Tuna; 12-12-2003, 05:43 PM.
      Jay

Comment

cool dude thanks for the link

Comment

I have heard that the Kumho MX (?) are good but the 712 is not-so-good...
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

I use pirelli p7000 supersports, at $200 a tire in 18" they're a good deal!
            Simon

Comment

i use yoko parada spec 2's awesome tire in the summer! but kinda pricey..probably wont get them again cause of the price.
              Al
              Hitler Built My Hotrod

Comment

Durex Superthin
                Paul

Mayonnaise colour Benz, I push Miracle Whips!

Comment

Pilot Sports or Bridgestone Potenzas. You'll only be looking at $80/tire more.

I've heard nothing but great things about Pilot Alpins for winter either. I bet a set of 225/45/17's would look GREAT on your ride. i think i know where you can get some cheap too...
                  2008 Audi RS4
                  2015 Fiat 500 Abarth

Comment

lsc2g: you can buy my tires if you wish, i'll givem to ya for cheap...

as for my next set, these are my options:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compar...ce=C&x=16&y=10

muahahaha.
                    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
                    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

Comment

wow my first post My brother uses Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions on his '98 M3 and claims they are incredible. From what i have seen from the inside and out they really are they go on tire rack for... $186 for 225/40/18.
                      Last edited by Upperguy; 02-01-2004, 10:46 AM.
                      '02 Silver GTI 1.8T
                      Rally Crashes
                      http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriema...jedimaster.jpg

Comment

The Kumho Ecsta MX's (not the 712's) look pretty good, and they were rated relatively high! May have to look into them....I had Toyo Proxes FZ4's that were crap, but the Proxes 4's look good too
                        2006 Colorado Xtreme | AEM CAI | Walker exhaust | smoked glass | -1" dropped rear | Avic D3 | 8000K HID's
                        2002 GTI 1.8t | C1 SS | Upsolute 94 oct | Brullen 2.5" DP | Supersprint catback | Poly mounts | 19" Privat's | FK 55 kit | Projector lights | EVOMS CAI
                        2000 GSXR750 | Hindle Race exhaust | Telefonica replica | K&N intake | Custom ECU

Comment

Originally posted by Upperguy
                          wow my first post My brother uses Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions on his '98 M3 and claims they are incredible. From what i have seen from the inside and out they really are they go on tire rack for... $186 for 225/40/18.

from what I've heard s-03's are the best of the best when it comes to tires. but they're expensive!
                          Simon

Comment

Originally posted by lsc2g
                            So far my contenders are the Kuhmo 712s and the Yokohama ES100's they are oh 188 and 220 respectivly
                            these are right at the bottom of his range and like you said simon, they are the best of the best. Hope its helpful
                            Last edited by Upperguy; 02-02-2004, 12:42 AM.
                            '02 Silver GTI 1.8T
                            Rally Crashes
                            http://www.gaijindesign.com/lawriema...jedimaster.jpg

Comment

tires bought like over a month ago.. this thread is dead.. please delete bart

or keep i dun car

Comment

Working...
                              X