How Low to Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Low to Go

I have been looking into dropping my Jetta, and I dont want to go with coilovers, just an FK kit. I still want to ride on my stock WE BBS wheels, as I really like them. I am torn between the 35/40 kit and the 55/40 kit from FK. On one end, I am running smaller wheel, so the 55/40 might be better to eat up some of that wheel gap, but on the other hand is that too low, given the car will be driven all year round? I would like to avoid as much greif as poosible from the dealership about the car being lowered, and any implications that might hold should I need warrantee work done.

Any thoughts?

Gaf
    Last edited by gaffer; 12-13-2003, 05:47 PM.
    www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Re: How Low to Go

i have H&R Race Springs 2.2" drop dont know waht that is in MM and I dont find it all that low.... its winter now and ya i scrape a bit of snow but nuthin serious
    Last edited by Holksvagon; 12-13-2003, 06:32 PM.
    Dale Willimus

Comment

The gap will be no different because of your wheels - the total wheel diameter is 25 inches whether you have 19s or 15s. I personally wouldn't go over 2 inches, but it's a personal preference.

Khyron
      Geoff
      Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

I have a bilstein sport strut and H&R race spring setup and the drop is 2" front and 1.8" back and its fine with my 17s.. i wish it was a tad lower but its all good.. no hassles as with coils you gotta keep them clean and make sure they don't get rusted,etc
        the only issue with my setup is having to dodge ice chunkies on the road but thats easy to do other than that handling is sooooo amazing.. no traction or other issues in winter.. when we did get that 1st big dump i plowed a bit but meh.. my stock lip is on for the winter to take a beating (i took off my pzwo front end)

Comment

Very few people wish they had left their car higher. Lots of people wish they had gone lower.
          KR
          Porsche 991 Carrera S

Comment

Originally posted by Kor
            Very few people wish they had left their car higher. Lots of people wish they had gone lower.
            Hah now that's the truth.

Khyron
            Geoff
            Fear is the element that unites all losers.

Comment

Kris is so right
              Nick
              There are only two infinites, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
              --Albert Einstein

Comment

haha yea nick.. i wish i could be oh say 1 finger lower but i'm happy enough.. although now whenever i see my car i just get amazed on how good it looks with the drop and when i see a stock setup riding around i laugh at how high it was and how dumb i used to look hahahaha

Comment

My personal opinion is 1.5 to 2 finger gap looks the best.
                  Last edited by 1.8Trip; 12-14-2003, 04:19 AM.
                  Neil
                  '03 Silver Jetta 1.8T - gone, but not forgotten

mods to my car

Comment

I have the Weitec 60/60mm. Which is about a 2.3 inche drop. I love how low it sits and how it handles. Might be a little too low for some, but awesome for me.
                    GIAC v.11, Weitec GT 60mm, 18 inch Borbet Type R's, Forced Motion Turbo Back Exhaust, Forge DV, One-Piece EVOMS CAI, VR6/Sachs Stage 1 Clutch Kit, N75 H Valve, Hella Smoked Taillights, Perf-Cafe Air Scoops.

Comment

yea neil that sounds right.. mine is 2finger gap and it looks tight

Comment

Working...
                      X