Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAG Scene in Calgary?

Hi Guys,

I'm new on here and am from Ireland. I'll be in Calgary the first week of September and was looking to check out the VAG scene in town. Are there any meets on that week? I'd love to take some photos to show the lads here.
    Here are some of my cars

My daily MKV

The weekend Caddy MK1

The project VENTO

Re: VAG Scene in Calgary?

Welcome! Where in Ireland are you from? County Wicklow? Been to Ireland many times - beautiful country!

As for meets, there is usually a monthly meet. Check out the Club Gatherings/Events/Cruises
    part of the forum closer to September time.

Love the Mk1 caddy.
    Last edited by Kona Bear; 06-23-2011, 08:55 AM. Reason: my spelling sucks!
    Mike
    '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
    '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

That Caddy is so sick. Well done.

Whats the plan for project Vento?

Comment

Hey looks like you found it! Your cars look fantastic.
        Derek

-2008 Avus Silver RS4-Fat ass II
        -1996 C4S-Fat Ass
        -2007 FJ Cruiser-6 speed

Comment

Originally posted by chungster View Post
          Hi Guys,

I'm new on here and am from Ireland. I'll be in Calgary the first week of September and was looking to check out the VAG scene in town. Are there any meets on that week? I'd love to take some photos to show the lads here.
          How long are you in town for?
          D.J.
          Turbo SVT Focus
          Audi S4 Stage 3++++++

Comment

Originally posted by Kona Bear View Post
            Welcome! Where in Ireland are you from? County Wicklow? Been to Ireland many times - beautiful country!

As for meets, there is usually a monthly meet. Check out the Club Gatherings/Events/Cruises
            part of the forum closer to September time.

Love the Mk1 caddy.
            I use to work in County Wicklow. I'm from Dublin originally but live in County Kildare now. Where in Ireland have you been? Its really not that big.

Originally posted by bonfire View Post
            That Caddy is so sick. Well done.

Whats the plan for project Vento?
            Thanks bonfire. The Caddy is my favourite car! Even though i'm not really suppose to have favourites haha... Its not finished yet, as soon as this years show season is over i'll be stripping all the body kits off and replacing bumpers etc. The kit was on it when i bought it.
            The plan for the Vento is to do it cheap! Its mechanically sound as it was owned by my mechanic and was used as their run about town car. The body needs some attention. I'll be doing a machine polish on it soon. After that it'll be a matter of lowering it, new wheels and fixing the body.

Originally posted by GINCH View Post
            Hey looks like you found it! Your cars look fantastic.
            Yes thanks Ginch! This site is cool I really hope to see some quality cars when i'm in town. Maybe i should organise a mini meet and photoshoot?! I take photos for the crew here. I'll post up some samples later.

Originally posted by aliencurv View Post
            How long are you in town for?
            Just a week i'm afraid. I've been to Calgary before as i've mates there but last time i didn't even think of checking out the car scene. Calgary is such a nice and relaxed place to live! Well i seen it in the summer and i've heard about the freezing winters so i can only judge by the warm weather

Comment

First Thursday of the month is our monthly meet, which would be September 1st. Hope you can make it!!
              --
              Rod
              Ex-presidente

Drive

2016 VW Golf .:R

Drove
              2001.5 Audi S4 / Santorin Blue STAGE II+ / JFonz Tuned

Comment

As Rod mentioned the regular September meet will be Thursday September 1st, hopefully that will work for you or perhaps we can get together on another day for you to check out the clubs cars!

Welcome to the boards and feel free to share all the pics and action from your side of the pond!!
                Blair
                Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Ah i only get in to town on the wednesday evening so i don't think i'll be too popular if i fecked off the next day to go to a car meet! :( I'm in town until the following thursday. Sure i'll see what happens closer to the time. Really looking forward to my trip!
                  I need to hire a car to fit 7 people for the trip to canmore. Anyone got any good links to companies for car rental? I know i can just go with the usual like budget and avis but you guys might have inside knowledge

Comment

I've been almost everywhere except Northern Ireland. County Clare and Westport are my fav's. Hopefully we can meet up in September. Please don't change the cabby's color. I like the blue!

M
                    Mike
                    '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
                    '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

Have you been to Donegal Mike? Its by far my favourite place in Ireland. Not Donegal town itself but up along the coast is just stunning. On the opposite end of the country, Inch Beach is another favourite of mine in Kerry.
                      The Caddy colour has grown on me. When i seen it first i hated it but i think it will stay now
                      I mentioned before that i take photos for some of the irish crew here. Well here's just some pics for you

Comment

No I have not been Donegal. The furtherest I've been on that side of the island is Sligo. I have been to Inch beach and it is very nice. My wife and I had a picnic lunch there and we remember it well as it was the first beach that we went to on our trip.

You mentioned that you are going to Canmore. I am originally from there so if you want a tour (well it's not that big so it would be a short tour) let me know. I'll bring the VW! LOL

Enjoy this side of the pond.
                        Mike
                        '14 Toyota 4Runner SR5
                        '04 Jetta Wagon 1.8T

Comment

Originally posted by Kona Bear View Post
                          You mentioned that you are going to Canmore. I am originally from there so if you want a tour (well it's not that big so it would be a short tour) let me know. I'll bring the VW! LOL

Enjoy this side of the pond.
                          Mike, that would be cool!! I'm only in Canmore for 2 days for the actual wedding so i'll have to see if i can escape from the madness for a bit! ha... I don't know if my phone will work over there but i'll pm you my facebook page if you like? I'd say i'll get wifi in the hotel anyway.

Jon

Comment

If there is going to be a Canmore cruise I might just be in....

Jon, when you get here look into just getting a pay as you go phone, It's cheaper for us to do that when we go to the USA then it is to change out plan over. This would allow you to keep in touch with family here and to have a local number they could get a hold of you at.

Cheers!

BTW cars look great and that diamond stitching in the caddy is amazing.
                            Calgary Autoworks

2004.5 Jetta GLI
                            2005 Audi Allroad

Comment

16 hole MB wheels on the caddy.......NICE!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X