ABS Light on....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Light on....

03 Jetta tdi wagon, ALH tdi engine, slushbox automatic, 220k kms.

ABS light came on today.

My vag-com is away for a week or so, now stretching into a few months, the guy I loaned it to is "away at work" according to his mom. Something tells me he might be in jail.

Anyways, does anyone have any idea what ABS light means, has a sensor gone bad, wire yanked off, etc?

Hopefully I can get my vag-com and laptop back soon...

Re: ABS Light on....

Could be any of the things you mentioned, but prob a wheel speed sensor

best is to get your comp back and scan it!
    Now offering detailing services!! http://www.gtrauto.ca/detailing-services.html

United Motorsport, Kerma TDI, KW, APR, COBB, Magnaflow, K&N, AFE, Motul, Lubromoly, Sonax, Air Lift, HPA, Ohlins, Klutch Wheels, Remus Exhaust

info@gtrauto.ca / www.gtrauto.ca / GTR Auto Facebook

Comment

same thing happened to me 2days ago turned out to be all 3 fuses on top of the battery were shot. check those first cheap & easy fix!!

Comment

It is also happening to my car and I am not sure what to do. How to check if it is the fuses of the battery in Volkswagen parts?
        Last edited by poisonivy24; 07-02-2011, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Update...Re: ABS Light on....

All fuses on top of battery good. Darn, that would have been a nice cheep fix...

Got my Vag-Com, says right front ABS sensor. Blew out with air, blew out encoder ring. Reset code, Code comes back a few minutes later.

Wife, whose car it is, says she wants to take it to a shop, rather than have me and my goof-troop fix it up. Shop says it its ABS sensor, they will fix it for $200 max. She's OK with paying like 8x too much....

Oh well.

Comment

Re: Update...Re: ABS Light on....

That is too weird. I came in here to post that my ABS sensor was on too.

It started yesterday. I did my brakes a couple of weeks ago and I thought it may be related to that. Guess I will have to check those fuses first and then go from there.

Andrew
            www.livingcolours.ca - This bugs for you

“A man who says he does not let the little things bother him has never spent a night in a tent with a single mosquito” - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by jiggseob View Post
              Something tells me he might be in jail.
              Just curious, what makes you believe that?

Ditto on fuses, but most likely a sensor just died if the fuses are good. Happens. :(
              Jess

2010 Jetta TDI 6 SPD - Stock Comfortline model

Comment

Working...
              X