MAF Warranty Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAF Warranty Extension

So am I just behind the times or is the first anyone has heard of this? I got a letter in the mail today saying that the warranty on the MAF sensor had been extended to 7 years/115,000 km for pretty much all 1999-2001 2.0, 1.8T and TDI cars. If you already got yours replaced and paid out of pocket, there's a form you can send in to apply to get reimbursed.
    Pat
    Driver Found: Camber Wanted

Re: MAF Warranty Extension

I have the letter too
    What is going to happen after 5500 rpm?? :whipped:
    337 GTI , 20th AE GTI , Votex GTI
    Bruce

Comment

I never got one of those letters??? how could i get one ??? would i have to call VW canada?

Comment

I think it is different for VR6s.
        Blair
        Former Cars: '12 Fiat 500, '10 VW GTI, '05 Smart Fortwo, '96 VW Jetta GLX, '02 VW GTI 337.........

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian Turbo
          I think it is different for VR6s.
          Yeah, the letter never mentioned VR6's.
          Pat

Comment

My wife got one for the bug, it had GTI's listed, I assumed my VR6 was included. Better take a second look.

The warranty extension is for the entire emmissions control system the way I read it...(cats, etc...)

Originally posted by MrHeavyFoot
            Yeah, the letter never mentioned VR6's.

Comment

OK!!So should I still call VW to confirm then?

Comment

Originally posted by kuhli
                My wife got one for the bug, it had GTI's listed, I assumed my VR6 was included. Better take a second look.

The warranty extension is for the entire emmissions control system the way I read it...(cats, etc...)
                I don't know how I missed it the first time, but the 99-01 GTI/Jetta VR6's are included too. Pretty sure its just the MAF's though, not the whole emission control system. Of course, I could read it a third time and discover I'm wrong about that also.
                Pat

Comment

Originally posted by ddmmak
                  OK!!So should I still call VW to confirm then?
                  I phoned VoA around the 12th of December after reading about the warranty on the Vortex. I have yet to receive notification from Volkswagen about the warranty extension but over the phone the lady said my 99.5 GTI VR6 qualifies. She opened a case file for me and told me to send in my invoice. I wrote a letter outlining all the pertinent info (model, year, mileage, repair date, proof that I paid for the repair, repair amount, etc). Haven't heard anything back yet... but then again we have to mail our stuff to Michigan.

BTW if you're cheap like me you'll want to send your letter out before the new year. US stamps are going up in price come Jan 2004.
                  Brandon

Comment

Working...
                  X